Digital Downloads - Page 5 - Post ID...

User 2126300 Photo

14 posts

Having two businesses that sell nothing but digital products, the lack of a digital download feature in SCCP is what has stopped me from buying it so far. As soon as this functionality is available, I'll be on board.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

They have taken note. :D
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2126300 Photo

14 posts

Any updates on digital downloads yet? Is this functionality likely to appear in the forseeable future?

Thanks.

Steve
User 2206743 Photo

2 posts

yea any update on when the new update of shopping cart is out with the new features like digital downloads . . .
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

As long as the upgrade does eventually happen, that's all I'm bothered about! SCC Pro was the first flagship "Pro" product if my memory serves me well when it was launched. Many of us bought into it but I think that it is fair to say that it's been on the backburner for too long now. The focus has undoubtedly been S-Drive, Mac software and the implementation of HTML5 to replace Flash. HTML Editor and Web Form Builder are awesome products but SCC Pro has to move forward soon in a fast moving market or it'll get left behind.
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 345577 Photo

373 posts

It's now been over a year since the last update release of SCCP. As is their right, CC continues to devote their assets to what they feel is in their best interest, while those of us who were lured to the product with promises of upcoming advanced features are left high and dry.

Meanwhile, my mailbox is frequently graced with 'spectacular' offers of themes for this & that, and cutesy graphic packs that I have no interest in, not to mention turning their attention to versions of existing software for other operating systems.

They'll not receive another dime from me as long as they continue to spread around their resources like a pre-teen with Attention Deficit Disorder. Nor will I recommend CC software to the limited circle of friends who rely upon my opinion for computer solutions. I got burned twice touting the SCC line, only to be bombarded with questions from people for whom I'd built simple ecommerce websites, about the meaning of the word "soon".
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I find it difficult to understand why you would produce e commerce websites for anyone without the resources to supply what you clients requested at the outset.

CC never even mentioned digital downloads, yet consistently have been badgered for their inclusion into a program which was not designed to include them

Surely you need the services of a programmer to design a cart system specifically for this purpose, rather than selling your clients a program intended for selling physical products.

I can give you the email address of a programmer in UK if you require his services, he charges a mere £60.00 per hour + VAT , i doubt it will take him long
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Viv, darling, get your lips off the CC buttocks, it's rather unseemly.

Your comprehension abilities must be hindered by the rather impressive studwork that appears to penetrate your forehead. Perhaps this will help you understand.

"Digital downloads" was not the first issue that raised my ire and that of many others who waited for the long-promised, long-delayed release of SCCP with enhanced capabilities. Your assertion that CC 'never even mentioned' this is as sophomoric as it is patently untrue. Was it touted in the original specs for the program? No, I'd guess. But I seem to remember the comments of a prominent CC forum member with nearly 13000 posts, who agreed that the feature was 'absolutely essential' and would be included in a release at some point. So digital downloads been mentioned by CC. Period.

Badgered? This is a software company that - to its credit - actively solicits suggestions for features and enhancements to its products. If we don't express our interest, they'll think we don't care anymore, and we'll just go away.

E-commerce might be a bit of an overstatement of what I built (for free) for my friends, but it's a simple site that sells products. (Sounds like e-commerce to me...) It doesn't require a custom-designed, complex, commercial shopping cart, but it did require some of the enhanced capabilities advertised for the Pro Version. And we all know how long that took after its release was promised "soon".

We now return to your regularly-scheduled CoffeeCup worship...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

As requested !
http://img.medscape.com/pi/emed/ckb/pathology/1603817-1607640-1771750-1944653tn.jpg
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I seem to recall this basic conversation once before Shunned. You've mentioned this issue a few times, and others as well. CC is definitely aware of it, has already said they were considering it and it will most likely be included, but harassing the people here that have no influence over CC's schedule of updates is just plain rude.

Once again let me say basically the same thing I said to you last time you insisted that you have all the right in the world to tell your customers anything you want to on what is and is not available to use on a piece of software.

If you told them it was coming soon, and you didn't tell them that soon could be weeks, months, days, years etc., and you didn't tell them that the features they need could not be done at that time and may not be able to be done in the "near" future, then you are the one at fault for misleading your customers. What you tell them is your responsibility, not CC's and certainly not your place to badmouth the users here over it.

If you have issues, take them to CC in a ticket if you're not getting the results you need here. This is a user to user forum and there's no need for you to be ripping up others that have no control whatsoever over CC's work schedule.

Next time don't tell your customers something can be done with a program if it can't. Learn a lesson from "your own" mistake here. No one made you tell them that at all. Quit trying to blame others for your own mistakes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.