Nav Menu Items - how to add 1 more -...

User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

SC Creator allows additional web pages (I added "Refund"). This additional name "Refund" link appear at the bottom of the website, but does not appear in the Nav Menu at the top. The Theme for SC Pro comes with four, and so how do you get the additional web page name/link to appear at the top, instead of only at the bottom?

I found it at the top, but no matter what I do with Margins and Padding, both in Nav Bar and Nav Menu, the optional webpage like sits below the 'Home' first link, instead of at the far right after 'Contacts'. What is the secret?

Thanks, and sorry for the re-do, I am waiting patiently.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

Hi Mary, that's the way it works. I think a lot of us would like better control over the navigation setup.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Go to your shop icon (in SCCP)

Select PAGES

Go to home page (optional)

Tick box that says : putt secondary links under home in main menue

put the url of your home page into the address (if home page is in SCCP it will unfortunately creat 2) shop home & home

If your home page is made in something else like VSD you can then change SHOP HOME to something else (in my delorean site in sig its PROMOTIONS

Now there will be a drop down under home with your other pages listed in

I hasten to add in my site there are NONE as my 45 home pages were made in VSD separately for SEO purposes
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

If SCCP means Shopping Cart Creator Pro, I think I have a problem. I purchased SCC and then purchased Shopping Cart Designer Pro. Does than mean I have no solution to my problem without purchasing SCCP? Is the 'upgrade' available to me at a good price?

Thanks.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

There's been some great discounts coming through from emails lately.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mary Ellen,

The purchase wouldn't change the menu issue you're asking about. That is the same in both versions. The Pro version does have quite a few more bells and whistles, but unfortunately the menu part is the same in both. Just didn't want you to run off and purchase it thinking that would fix it :)
User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

That just doesn't make sense. Why would there be the choice for "Optional Webpage" which is a feature boasted about this software, if it cannot be correctly displayed as a link in the Nav Menu?

What do you say to this conflicting response from another user?
"Go to your shop icon (in SCCP). Select PAGES. Go to home page (optional).
Tick box that says : putt secondary links under home in main menue put the url of your home page into the address (if home page is in SCCP it will unfortunately creat 2) shop home & home.
If your home page is made in something else like VSD you can then change SHOP HOME to something else (in my delorean site in sig its PROMOTIONS.
Now there will be a drop down under home with your other pages listed in..."

User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

I think I found a flaw in the SC Designer Pro. In Navigation Menu Properties, Advance, Menu Margin.....all entries respond to an increase EXCEPT the Right margin!

Maybe this is why the additional "Optional Webpage" link cannot fit on the Navigation Bar, and wraps down under the 'Home' link. Do you have a patch to fix this?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Pro and basic menue options are identical

Follow my instructions in SCC basic and it will work for you

They just decided when they designed SCC and SCCP that the extra pages should be in a drop down below the home icon, simple as that (i seem to remember some templates with left or right navigation display them permanently) try classical jaz

5 pages are at best limited for a simple shop structure which is what the scc basic was intended for small shop, limited options

I have 45 home pages each one specific to each product i sell, totally unnecessary if somoene is just selling handbags for instance, one page would suffice

Have a look at my delorean shop, it will clarify this for you, and as a serious internet seller, personally i would suggest doing something similar

PS programs like Cubecart have know where near this amount of flexibility !

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2519748 Photo

10 posts

Hi Ambassador - Now I follow where you are. I am only having 5 total pages. I used "Shop Home" for "Contact Us" and I added "Refunds" (the once showing up under "Home").
I kept "Home", "Products", and "View Cart". Never understood Home versus Shop Home.....

Since I do not want any links to appear under "Home" I leave that box unchecked in the "Your Shop" icon. I put my website address in the "Link to" box. When I do that, the former "Shop Home" (now "Contact Us") disappears altogether, like auto-delete. It then shows up as a second "Home" in preview, and "Refunds" still shows up under "Home".

I think I'm almost there. I really like CoffeeCup so far!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.