Welcome to the S-Drive Beta - Page 12

User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

david wilson wrote:
So with direct ftp support I could upload my html created in the editor... correct?

That would be correct! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo


Ambassador
2,174 posts

Nikon wrote:
I have been playing with my s stream as well. I figured out how to post and then place my post s stream into VSD. As I see it, it's a blog of sorts that I can place into my VSD website page- correct?

Or can I upload my cc calendar into the s-stream- upload any file/folder?

Thanks!


Nikon,
I believe you could upload your cc calendar to your s-stream, but would have to do so via VSD for now. I will play around with this some tomorrow and post here if you haven't had success by the time I check in with my results.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 514943 Photo


Registered User
125 posts

Most of my play time with software is on the weekends. It will be next Sat/Sun before I can play again. But I will try inserting my calendar into a VSD web page and upload to the stream.

I must confess that I do not use coffee cup as my main website. I do use it for all of my "client" pages.
With that said, using the s drive (stream) it is only for one site? For example www.mysite.com- I have multiply clients sites being www.mysite.com/client/nameofclient. Can this be done with the s-drive/stream?

Thanks!
Love those Nikon's!
User 514943 Photo


Registered User
125 posts

My thought of the s-stream would be a blog for each of my clients. Handier than emails- instant question and answers for my clients. They ask and I can instantly respond.

That is my first idea for using the s-stream for my personal business needs. If this is even possible.
Love those Nikon's!
User 3 Photo


Administrator
1,371 posts

Nikon wrote:
I must confess that I do not use coffee cup as my main website.

Aww... that makes me sad. :(

Nikon wrote:
I do use it for all of my "client" pages.

Yay! That makes me happy! :)

Nikon wrote:
With that said, using the s drive (stream) it is only for one site? For example www.mysite.com- I have multiply clients sites being www.mysite.com/client/nameofclient. Can this be done with the s-drive/stream?

You could possibly do something like that in the future, but for now S-Drive sites are intended to be one site per URL. Now once Direct FTP and the HTML Editor are S-Drive enabled you could easily use a structure.

What might be easer, though, would be to create a site for each client (e.g. client1.coffeecup.com, client2.coffeecup.com, and so on). That way each client could have their own Stream, Site, and other services on a case-by-case basis. It would help prevent mixups, and you could manage all your clients together via the control panel.

You can't do this yet, but multiple S-Drive accounts are coming very soon.
User 514943 Photo


Registered User
125 posts

Hi J cornelius-

With the S Drive/Stream- is this like a web based software if I upload my VSD to the stream? Meaning I could have my site on the web and update it from any computer? This is the main reason I do not use the VSD currently for my main website. As a photographer, I spend the majority of my time taking images and then processing those images. Not much time is left for website design (Which I am beginning to enjoy as much as the photography!).

I like the fact that I can use Coffee Cup for my extensions of my current website. It personalizes my work for each client verses the "generic" main website. I am looking forward to this weekend to play more with this new S-Drive/Stream!
Love those Nikon's!
User 3 Photo


Administrator
1,371 posts

Nikon wrote:
As a photographer, I spend the majority of my time taking images and then processing those images. Not much time is left for website design (Which I am beginning to enjoy as much as the photography!).

Then S-Drive Stream is going to be great for you. You can take a photo and email it to your Stream and it will appear on your site right away!

Nikon wrote:
I like the fact that I can use Coffee Cup for my extensions of my current website. It personalizes my work for each client verses the "generic" main website.

That's cool, too. The idea is that you can use our software and services however works best for you. :D
User 476017 Photo


Ambassador
375 posts

J. Cornelius wrote:
Dick, thanks for playing with S-Drive.

There is a way to change to post date when you edit a post. It doesn't change automatically.

You're right, VSD is the only way to publish a site for now. Other apps will be S-Drive enabled soon.

If you upload a photo, just add it to a Stream post using the Image tool and it will show up on your stream.

Keep the questions and feedback coming!


Hi JC
Is it possible to open a new thread for S - Drive whereby people can feed in what they are using S - drive for and so pass on to others who perhaps have not grasped how to get best use of the product.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 3 Photo


Administrator
1,371 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
Is it possible to open a new thread for S - Drive whereby people can feed in what they are using S - drive for and so pass on to others who perhaps have not grasped how to get best use of the product.

Yep. We're planning to highlight creative and interesting uses of Stream once more people start using it.
User 184085 Photo


Ambassador
1,707 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
david wilson wrote:
So with direct ftp support I could upload my html created in the editor... correct?

That would be correct! :)


So who is the one with all the humor over there?
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.