Hosting on S-Drive with a domain...

User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Our client purchased his domains with Godaddy. I am not a fan of Godaddy at all. They do a great job of keeping you from leaving by making their products very difficult to use outside of their interface.

Anyway, our site is built through cc and is currently hosted on a .coffeecup domain but I want to use our clients domain. Godaddy is asking me for two or more nameservers. This is the only nameserver I can find for coffeecup 64.224.11.156, and go daddy will not accept it twice. This process is very easy with nearly everything else I used, yahoo, hostgator, etc. Are there any basic, step by step directions in coffeecup somewhere to walk me through the process? Godaddy has instructions here but they are not helping me: http://help.godaddy.com/article/664#reghere

Thanks.

Jen
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You won't use our name servers Jen for this. You will still keep those pointed over on Godaddy. Instead you will just add a CNAME record for the domain and point it to 64.224.11.156
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

GoDaddy will allow me to change my A Name to 64.224.11.156 but when I try to change the CNAME it give me an error. It wants a subdomain an @ or .com, etc. Any other suggestions?
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Nevermind, I think I just figured it out. Thanks. :D
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Jenifer Jett wrote:
GoDaddy will allow me to change my A Name to 64.224.11.156 but when I try to change the CNAME it give me an error. It wants a subdomain an @ or .com, etc. Any other suggestions?

for the beifit of other users Cname change to yournameonsdrive.coffeecup.com
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Thanks. It worked, almost. When I go to the site, it directs me to an S-Drive page.

www.getraas.com

I obviously still need to do something on the CC end to complete the process. Any thoughts on what I missed?
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jenifer Jett wrote:
Thanks. It worked, almost. When I go to the site, it directs me to an S-Drive page.

www.getraas.com

I obviously still need to do something on the CC end to complete the process. Any thoughts on what I missed?

You were almost there... ;) You need to CNAME getraas.com to 64.224.11.156 and then www.getraas.com needs to point to getraas.com

Right now you only have www.getraas.com pointing to S-Drive and getraas.com pointing to your old provider.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Sorry for all of the questions. Do I do that in GoDaddy (the old provider) or in CC? I can't seem to find instructions that make sense to me. Thanks.
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jenifer Jett wrote:
Sorry for all of the questions. Do I do that in GoDaddy (the old provider) or in CC? I can't seem to find instructions that make sense to me. Thanks.

You do that with Godady if that is where you purchased the domain through.
User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Thanks
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.