Question on Streams - Post ID 258875

User 1981050 Photo

86 posts

GregB,

That's a good idea about copying and pasting into wordpad to save the original code. I will try that. And sorry I can't help you with the responsiveness of your page. I have't gotten that far yet. At this point I just want to get something going my husband can post to.
I've got some info somewhere on how to make it responsive but I don't know where. I'll have to dig it up. It may be what you are following. If I can get this up and running I'll start on that next. I know you have to do it in the code and that scares the heck out of me!!! I still need to figure out how to get a youtube video to be responsive.
If I run across anything I'll let you know but you might want to start up a new post on it so others will see it.

Thanks again for the wordpad suggestion.
Linda
User 1981050 Photo

86 posts

Finally got the stream up and running on our website. Our main way of adding to the stream will be through email postings and I have a concern about this. How can I get the fonts to appear crisp and white as they are in the post I made in the stream (the first post). The last post is one I sent from my personal email account. In the email body, I have the font set at Georgia, the font I use on the website, 14 point, and even set it at white. It looks like it is just outlining the black type with white.

I originally went into hardcore and set the content type to white. This corrected the typing I did inside the steam post, but the the type sent though the email.

Do I need to do something else in the hardcore mode?

Thanks for any help,

Linda
Attachments:
User 1981050 Photo

86 posts

I'm not sure the attachment is going to show up. Here is a link to the actual webpage.

http://www.ronpradetto.com/blog.html
User 271657 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,816 posts

Linda, you should let the Stream CSS handle the styling. Just type the emails normally and don't add any styling/formatting.
Check your Stream CSS to make sure it's how you want it.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 1981050 Photo

86 posts

paintbrush,

Sorry about the delay. I'm involved with a lot of stuff not related to the website and have a hard time getting back to this.
I sent a post through my email and I'm still getting a different size and type of font with the emails than I do if I type it up in the stream. Here is a link to the actual page on my website with the two posts. http://www.ronpradetto.com/blog.html
The earlier one is the post typed up inside the stream and the last is the email. As can be seen the body type is quite smaller and hard to read.
Since the body is dropping down from the first line the test is quite different and I have a susspission that I need to change something in the Hardcore mode, but I'm not sure what and to what.

Any ideas?

Linda
User 38401 Photo

10,951 posts

Hiya Linda,

Let me first tell you that changing things in Hard Core mode is not a fix for sending via email at all. In fact the Hard Core mode settings many times (almost always) do not affect email posts at all for some reason. I have a friend that does her blog through S-Drive as well and I have to go in after every single post and fix the settings on it because it doesn't seem to read the CSS that is on the S-Drive. Not sure why that is, I just know that it is. I had heard quite some time ago (over a year now) that they were going to address this, but I guess it hasn't been yet. My friend doesn't post often through email these days because of that issue, so it's been a while since I've checked on it.

You're best bet is to not alter things using Hard Core if you can help it and just let the original theme settings be in effect or just change the basic settings for it rather than the Hard Core mode. You'll most likely get better results that way. :)
User 1981050 Photo

86 posts

Hmm, That"s not good. Every time I want to try something I'm told one thing and then when I try to implement it it turns out that it doesn't work the way I understood it would. The whole purpose of setting this up was so that others (my husband) could post on this blog and I wouldn't have to stand over their shoulder or change it afterwards. It is good in theory but in application not so much.
User 38401 Photo

10,951 posts

Yeah, I would just choose a theme, stick with the basics that it has setup and change only things that have to do with the structure within the Hard Core such as Background and things like that that don't have anything to do with what gets emailed in for posts. Best thing I can advise I guess, but I do have to agree it limits things pretty much when it comes to editing the CSS.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.