ogg/vorbis file upload - Post ID 176915

2 posts

Hello, I'm wondering if it will be possible in the future to upload ogg/vorbis files to the storage or site spaces. In experimenting with the html5 <audio> tag, I've found that ogg/vorbis is one of the more universally accepted audio formats between browsers, given that there are none of the same patent issues that cause problems for mpeg (mp3,m4a,etc.) type files in Firefox, for example. Obviously it's easy enough to use the <embed> or <object> elements to insert media, but in addition to this new native <audio> tag being simple to implement in its most basic form, it can be powerfully manipulated with javascript . Are there issues I'm not aware of that are preventing its inclusion, or is it just one of those things that hasn't happened yet for one reason or another?

Thanks!

VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

You can actually do that now with Free FTP or Direct FTP. Our Dashboard uploading still has some file limitations on what you can upload, but I have a request in with our developers to open this up to other file types. Just drop that file in the storage folder and you will be good to go.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

2 posts

Great! Thanks for the response.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.