Tell us what you think of S-Drive...

User 2426775 Photo

6 posts

Can someone please explain why the form builder software advertises multiple file upload options but the upload button doesn't allow this?

Please help with answer as this is a primary function I need for my forms!!!! :rolleyes:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Christien Campbell wrote:
Can someone please explain why the form builder software advertises multiple file upload options but the upload button doesn't allow this?

Please help with answer as this is a primary function I need for my forms!!!! :rolleyes:

All you need to do is add multiple File Upload buttons to your form. You can add as many as you wish.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2426775 Photo

6 posts

Thanks for that Scott, but is there a way to select multiple files from the once upload button as the advertising suggests (seeing it actually says 'at once')? My clients may need to upload up to 15 files?

:(
User 2426775 Photo

6 posts

It says 'Multiple files can be uploaded at once'
:/
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Thanks for that Scott, but is there a way to select multiple files from the once upload button as the advertising suggests (seeing it actually says 'at once')? My clients may need to upload up to 15 files?

:(

Each upload has to be uploaded by clicking on the button. There is no way to select 15 files at once.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

You can have your users zip their files up into one file. Put the instructions on your form. It's a simple selection of the files then right click and then click send to zip.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2426775 Photo

6 posts

Now it seems it won't attach the upload to the email notification? Is there another glitch with this software I don't know about yet?

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Now it seems it won't attach the upload to the email notification? Is there another glitch with this software I don't know about yet?

Glitch? Those are fighting words! ;)

For each upload button you add to your form, go to the Properties Tab and check the appropriate options.

If that does not help, there is a permission issue on your server. With an FTP client, change the permissions of the Storage folder to 755 and try again.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Eric Rohloff (Rolly) wrote:
You can have your users zip their files up into one file. Put the instructions on your form. It's a simple selection of the files then right click and then click send to zip.:)

watch out the crap poets about, I feel a popup coming on :P

You can upload all your files to me in a trist
Put them all in one folder named my files here exist
Right click your folder, select compressed zip from what you see
Coffeecups program and the forum have done wonders for me

Eric i would never have thought of that, so above are the instructions for CLIENTS, in a popup
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Do you have to host the form on your own server to adjust the default "from:" address as per instructions at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/ ?

I have my form at http://www.fixtronix.ie/contact.htm hosted on S-Drive but I can not find the form.cfg.php file on the S-Drive either by FTP connection or on the A-Drive web interface on coffeecup.com

On a side-note, it should be something for a future update that the "from:" address can be the form submitters e-mail address by choice rather than having to edit form.cfg.php each time you revise/edit your form.

I get form data as being from form@coffeecup.com (I think) and I am sick having to copy/paste the originators e-mail address to then create a new e-mail when I want to reply.

When I used the old Coffeecup Flash form builder the e-mail with form content always came FROM the form originator and all I had to do was hit reply and respond directly. #Simples

Please make it so :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.