Tell us what you think of S-Drive...

User 1917812 Photo

3 posts

When you publish a form, a pop-up box appears with the <script> code or link to your s-drive. It would be handy if you could get access to this without having to publish the form. The form may not have changed in weeks, but over those weeks, you might have created several new web pages in which you want to embed the form.

Minor, but useful.
User 15653 Photo

233 posts

Check out: http://www.hudsoncrossingpark.org/cardb … ation.html
(in test mode right now) We have to trust the user to enter the right amounts.

I have no idea if this is even possible but it'd be great if it could be done.
Thanks,
Mike Bielkiewicz

VERY NICE, Mike - did you do that using all CC products?
Chris
User 7842 Photo

13 posts

As always great product. One item I would like to see, and if there is a way to do this please let me know, is the ability to have more than one column for the fields. One example is I need to have a "Date Range" so I would like to have the date field side by side rather than above each other.
Again thanks for continuing to produce great products.

Thanks
Kyle Aruda
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Kyle Aruda wrote:
...One item I would like to see, and if there is a way to do this please let me know, is the ability to have more than one column for the fields. One example is I need to have a "Date Range" so I would like to have the date field side by side rather than above each other....

You can have up to five fields next to each other in the same "row". The positioning is controlled by the width that you specify for each element under the 'Property' tab. As long as the total width of your 'Date Range' fields add up to less than or equal to 100%, they will appear next to each other.
User 1120966 Photo

13 posts

While I embrace the idea of html5 forms, the upgrade price doesn't seem to be that good for those of us who have been using coffeecup software for a long time.

Furthermore, I for one do not relish the idea of using the S drive to host forms, or to store data. I would prefer to keep it the way I have been doing it, where it goes to the client, and is hosted on their server.
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. — Abraham Maslow
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

[away wrote:
]While I embrace the idea of html5 forms, the upgrade price doesn't seem to be that good for those of us who have been using coffeecup software for a long time.

Furthermore, I for one do not relish the idea of using the S drive to host forms, or to store data. I would prefer to keep it the way I have been doing it, where it goes to the client, and is hosted on their server.

Well back in October, November, December you could have gotten it for $29. You should have acted then... ;)

Publishing to S-Drive is not required. You can export the forms and upload them to your own server. If you use the Lite version, there is no cost for the software and you can host one form for free. How great is that! ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1120966 Photo

13 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Well back in October, November, December you could have gotten it for $29. You should have acted then... ;)

Publishing to S-Drive is not required. You can export the forms and upload them to your own server. If you use the Lite version, there is no cost for the software and you can host one form for free. How great is that! ;)

While at the time that would have been a good idea, at the time I was undergoing treatments for my leukemia, and was not worried about whether or not I had a good form. Plus everything I had went to medical bills.

As long as the old forms work, even without support, or html 5, I will just keep using them.
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. — Abraham Maslow
User 431141 Photo

78 posts

I used the previous Flash form builder very successfully on a number of websites for my clients. Now that we're in an iPad-compatibility craze, I am using the new HTML form builder to create look-alike forms to replace the old Flash forms.

However I'm having a problem with the vertical size of the text fields being larger than before, and can't fit the new form in the same space as the previous Flash forms. Some of the web page designs have limited real estate for their forms.

Therefore, I requesting the ability to select a narrower (vertically) text field size for the form.

I also miss the simple, but effective captcha that we had before.
=Steve=
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

However I'm having a problem with the vertical size of the text fields being larger...

For new pages this isn't too much of an issue, but I hadn't realized how little space my old Flash forms took up until I went to replace them. I try reducing the paddings/margins to 1 and leave out the Captcha (although I would prefer to include it), and the forms are still quite long. I'd like to see an option to get rid of the header space since not all forms need a title on the form itself.

I don't have a lot of space to go horizontal either on some pages, so it's not possible to just change the lay-out and be done, the whole page has to get reworked. :(
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 264400 Photo

1 post

My first question is why was the last question not answered about multiple clients? It seems to me to be a fundamental question and before I buy the new version I'd like to see an answer.

I previously used the old version of form builder and good as it was it had certainly outlived it's usefulness but I agree with previous comments, it seems as though Coffee Cup has made a business decision to cash in on 'the cloud' and tried to discourage self hosting.

Having tested the new version I was excited to get signed up and start using the product but I'm a web designer not a developer. I use the very excellent WordPress to build websites for clients as opposed to HTML pages therefore need something that works effectively with that with everything hosted in the same place. I'm comfortable with FTP but when using a database driven system putting script in headers etc is not so straightforward nor is uploading files to the 'same folder as your form page' as the pages are in the database.

It would be great to hear some feedback on these issues. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Gerry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.