Using Direct Ftp to upload pictures - Post ID 190514

182 posts

Because Chrome was not working well to upload multiple pictures. I used Direct FTP to upload photos to storage then moved them to collection/albums. Which was very slick. Turns out the internal shockwave extension was the Chrome culprit, when I disabled it and used the updated Adobe extension, multiple file uploads in collections worked fine.

Cannot figure out how to access albums or collection via Direct FTP but it sure would be nice. Might be related to where these pictures are stored.....!!!!

Albums are a great addition very useful.

Thanks a bunch CoffeeCup....
Cayucostom
Cayucos Tom

https://tkeckle.net

VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

That you cannot do right now. Albums are actually built through the browser itself, so right now you have to use the browser for that. Soon we will have a Windows and OS X program that access albums. And by soon I mean VERY soon. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

182 posts

Thanks Scott
When I looked at the link to the photos, I suspected as much. Looking forward to the programs to access albums...
Albums are really very nifty use of S-drive

I have the Webbie plan, how many albums(max 40 photos ea) and therefore pictures may I upload per stream or do pictures just count against my storage limits.

I notice when I upload a picture to storage and then add it to an album it appears in collections and storage and then I can delete from storage with no impact on the album, is this an intended consequence.This suggests that photos are stored at 2 places within my account somewhere.

Thanks again
Cayucostom
Cayucos Tom

VP of Software Development
49,402 posts

That is why right now we are not allowing photos to be uploaded with Direct FTP. When we create the album, we build a gallery and each photo has information associated with it. If the photo was deleted, that could mess up the album. So when you take a photo from storage, it does copy it into an album folder (that you cannot see).

Very soon the OS X and Windows programs will be released and will make everything so much easier.

The number of photos you can store will be based on your plan and the disk space with that plan. We will during the initial rollout have a few restrictions to the number of albums (I think it is 40) but that will only be during that release. This will allow us to gauge the usage and scale the infrastructure accordingly.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

182 posts

Thanks for the clarifications......Easier is good
Tom
Cayucos Tom

241 posts

cayucostom wrote:
Because Chrome was not working well to upload multiple pictures. I used Direct FTP to upload photos to storage then moved them to collection/albums. Which was very slick. Turns out the internal shockwave extension was the Chrome culprit, when I disabled it and used the updated Adobe extension, multiple file uploads in collections worked fine.

Cannot figure out how to access albums or collection via Direct FTP but it sure would be nice. Might be related to where these pictures are stored.....!!!!

Albums are a great addition very useful.

Thanks a bunch CoffeeCup....
Cayucostom

Disabled my internal shockwave extension and used the updated Adobe extension and it solved my multiple uploads problem too, thanks for the tip.
Greg

When I stop learning please check for signs of life.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.