Understanding Breakpoints - Post ID...

User 2896724 Photo

10 posts

Ok, that will help for the future. Is there a way to add custom "glyphs"? On the layout I am using, it is a driving wheel. I want to change it to something I made and use that instead. Is the best way to accomplish this to just delete that image and use my own image? Or can I import Glyphs?

https://snag.gy/SfPgey.jpg
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
11,334 posts
Online Now

Not sure about this, but I think you are limited to the glyphs that are in the programme. But there is a whole lot of them!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/

User 2896724 Photo

10 posts

I was actually able to find some suitable ones that would work. How do you change the color of them?
User 2623310 Photo

Ambassador
249 posts

Hi Michael,

Just click on the icon that you want to changed the color of, go down to typography. There is where that you can changed the color of it.

Please see attached image.(look for yellow highlighted)

Hope this help you out.
Attachments:
User 2119480 Photo

77 posts

Raj Grewal wrote:
---- Some are desktop down and some are mobile up. So in mobile-up you develop in the narrowest view and it all scales up. In the desktop-down mode, you develop in the widest view and it scales down. -----
Raj

I have customised V1 themes using V2.5 but it is very confusing and I try to stick with V2 themes only now and work mobile up to avoid confusion.
I thought that V2.5 themes were all designed to work mobile-size-up - Is this not correct? If themes are different, how do you tell which are mobile-up and which are computer-down?
desert country
WOOMERA
South Australia
User 379556 Photo

668 posts

My understanding is that RSD2.5 will handle both mobile-first and desktop-down. Which one it uses is determined by the framework. If the framework is Coffeegrinder, it is desktop-down; otherwise (Bootstrap or Foundation) it is mobile-first. A theme is, of course, a ready-created project which one can edit.

RSD2.5 will not create a new project using the Coffeegrinder framework, but can edit a project already created (e.g. with Responsive Layout Maker or an early version of RSD) using the Coffeegrinder framework. When a project is open, one can see which framework is in use by looking at the box labelled 'Grid' towards the bottom of the Layout panel.

A simple way of seeing whether an open project is mobile-first or desktop-down is to click on the 'Toggle Breakpoints' item towards the top left of the RSD2.5 window, and to select one of the pixel numbers. If the breakpoint slider line is highlighted
(a) from that breakpoint and to the right, it is mobile-first;
(b) from that breakpoint and to the left, it is desktop-down.

Frank
User 2119480 Photo

77 posts

Thanks Frank - i never knew about the highlighted slider line - that is very handy to know.
I did know about the Grid reference on the Layout panel, but i had forgotten that i knew :rolleyes::rolleyes: - so great to be reminded, thanks again.
desert country
WOOMERA
South Australia

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.