Suzanne's step-by-step example and...

User 450830 Photo

139 posts

RSD3 really beautiful.
But still a question about the very clear explanation of
Suzanne's step-by-step example of cleaning up the old layout code and implementing Grid reading. If I understand this correctly and you have done all the steps, then there is no fallback for older browsers here.
If you want a fallback, can you simply remove the containers with the classes row?
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

No Ger, for creating a fallback you first design for mobile and create a simple layout (you can use flexbox) for IE. Then you toggle the Feature Query and use CSS Grid to enhance your design. I will have an article with the details ready about that early next week.

The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2695940 Photo

49 posts

Hi Bob,
Can you please post the link to the article about fallbacks and feature query?

I'm trying to learn more about it as I'm having issues with users on IE 11.

Thanks heaps,
John
John Ferguson
Website Design and Development
www.jf1.co
User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
136 posts

John Ferguson wrote:
Hi Bob,
Can you please post the link to the article about fallbacks and feature query?

I'm trying to learn more about it as I'm having issues with users on IE 11.

Thanks heaps,
John

You can find this at: https://tutorials.coffeecup.com/site-designer/feature-queries.html
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.