Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2022095 Photo


Registered User
121 posts

+1
User 2098492 Photo


Registered User
60 posts

Add a [F5] Refresh option so the page preview can be updated when externally-linked items are updated.
User 2098492 Photo


Registered User
60 posts

Hidden Break Point Indicator: I had the program interface sized so that one of my break points was covered up. It took me a while to figure out why my published page was not behaving based on the changes I had made. It was a 'duh' moment, but with the current interface, you cannot design a page that is larger than your current screen size.

Maybe there's a way to incorporate a horizontal scroll bar?
User 2098492 Photo


Registered User
60 posts

Lock Break Points: I find myself accidentally nudging my break points by a pixel or two. Once I've got them set, it would be nice to lock them so I cannot inadvertently move existing, or create new ones.
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

Mark Madura wrote:
Hidden Break Point Indicator: I had the program interface sized so that one of my break points was covered up. It took me a while to figure out why my published page was not behaving based on the changes I had made. It was a 'duh' moment, but with the current interface, you cannot design a page that is larger than your current screen size.

Maybe there's a way to incorporate a horizontal scroll bar?

In the next update we will be including an alert box that will let you know if there are breakpoints hidden behind the pane. Future updates will offer more functionality.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2336860 Photo


Registered User
252 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
In the next update we will be including an alert box that will let you know if there are breakpoints hidden behind the pane. Future updates will offer more functionality.


:D

User 500471 Photo


Registered User
9 posts

One area of manual intervention which hopefully can be incorporated into the software is the inclusion of events such as onclick, onmouseover, onmouseout, etc. especially with image links.

Keep up the great work.
User 271657 Photo


Administrator
3,816 posts

Frank, the mouseover stuff isn't phone/touch friendly. There are alternatives, this for one:
http://iamceege.github.io/tooltipster/
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 462866 Photo


Registered User
1 post

Adam Hicks wrote:
Hi guys, apologies if already mentioned. But would it be a possibility to open multiple projects at once? It's something that even in RLM I wished for as there's often moments when I go how the hell did I do that in that project and use the other as reference. Also be good for cut and copying code to other projects. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers


RSD doesn't seem to mind if there are two copies of the program open. I was using one to look at the code and the other to work in.
User 38401 Photo


Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Bradley Zweifel wrote:
Adam Hicks wrote:
Hi guys, apologies if already mentioned. But would it be a possibility to open multiple projects at once? It's something that even in RLM I wished for as there's often moments when I go how the hell did I do that in that project and use the other as reference. Also be good for cut and copying code to other projects. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers


RSD doesn't seem to mind if there are two copies of the program open. I was using one to look at the code and the other to work in.


Hope it will stay that way, that would be great to at least be able to compare settings between layouts and sites.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.