Social Media Icons--not displaying
Please post a link to your website.
1. in RSD that particular Resources folder has had the icons removed from it;
2. the icons were somehow deleted from that folder before uploading the website to the CoffeeCup server;
3. the icons were there, but failed to upload to the CoffeeCup server.
Those icons are built into RSD. I would try reinstalling RSD and then republish your site.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.
Here's my S-Drive site with
examples of what can be accomplished in VSD.
Here's my CoffeeCup SCCP Shop with examples of what can be done.
This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
If starting a new project shows that the Resources box omits the social icons, re-installation of the program would indeed be the solution for Brian's student.
My fear is that Brian's student may have emptied that social icons folder in her project. In that case I don't think re-installation of the program would restore them to that particular project.
If my fear is correct I guess the solution would be -
1. to create a new blank project in RSD;
2. to export that blank project to a local hard drive;
3. in RSD to open the faulty project and import into the Resources folder the icons from the exported blank project.
Brian is to be applauded for introducing his students to RSD.
Thank you! The social media icons were deleted from her resources folder. I added the icons back into the folder and it now works! This forum is a fantastic resource and it just reinforced what I tell my students about not being afraid to search for answers and if necessary ask for help.
I teach 7th and 8th grade students in a semester class on web design. We started out with the basics of html, css, color theory, fonts, etc. Once they had a little time with RSD they quickly took to it.
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.