Slide out contact form - Post ID 277848

20 posts

Hi Wayan,

Later I'll make a small RSD sample to illustrate what I want to do.

Thanks for the help!

Kind regards
Berthold

295 posts

I found the foundation sticky throws errors in iPhones but there is a sticky position available in RSD. I go over that a little bit here: http://gordw.com/rsd/test/hover/
I also have a little bit on modals on the step by step tutorials - (thumbnail pop up). I'm sure Wayan will help so just some things to look at in the meantime...

20 posts

Very nice! Thank you!

What would have to be done to keep the sticky image as an overlay on top of the paragraph column?

I have a top row with a VH value of 100. The next row contains a 12 span column as the reference object for the sticky component. I put a 100% container in it that holds the text. Then I added another container to hold the overlay Linked-Font-icon (page navigation) and made that one sticky. The idea is that the page navigation stops being sticky once it reaches the top row. However it continues being sticky and invades the top row.

Regards
Berthold

295 posts

That would make it sticky only for that column but you would add the 100vh top value to it.
But you would probably want just a fixed position on the icon so it stays for the rest of the page? That then would use the values to position the fixed object, for example the top value would be 100vh with a fixed position, then set the right or left to where you like.

978 posts
Online Now

Sorry it was due to my "Mode of Moral" thought - or maybe my lack of "Moral Mode". Think I'll write a country song about that.

1,461 posts
Online Now

Byron Tipping wrote:
Sorry it was due to my "Mode of Moral" thought - or maybe my lack of "Moral Mode". Think I'll write a country song about that.

So did you get took look at the video?

I took it down after a week as there was only 2 views I still have it if you didn't & will put it back up again (same for the videos about embedding the video element that we discussed before)

The Sky Is A big Empty Space : But There Is No Room For Error

1,461 posts
Online Now

Byron Tipping wrote:

So did you get took look at the video?

I took it down after a week as there was only 2 views I still have it if you didn't & will put it back up again (same for the videos about embedding the video element that we discussed before)

20 posts

Hi Wayan,

I got sidetracked by family business and did not watch the video yet. If it is no bother, it would be nice if you could put it up for a couple of days.
Thanks again for all the infor from you all. I have been experimenting with all the tips and suggestions on Alter Eagles site.

Happy new year and kind regards

20 posts

Hi again,

I have been working a bit on my new site and have put up a transitional page until I get around completing the entire project.
I placed the page navigation together with a link to the contact form as a fixed container that becomes hidden in the black background of the first row. The initial plan was to have that container sticky and just stop moving up once it hits the first (title)row. But I somehow did not get it working and ran out of time...

Now, there is a problem with Safari and Iphones, as for some reason the contact form cannot be scrolled on those devices. The form resides in a full screen Modal window that I added as a component in RSD. It works fine on other browsers but not in Safari.
The link is http://www.orphelion-ensemble.com

Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Berthold

1,461 posts
Online Now

Beastro wrote:
Hi again,

I have been working a bit on my new site and have put up a transitional page until I get around completing the entire project.
I placed the page navigation together with a link to the contact form as a fixed container that becomes hidden in the black background of the first row. The initial plan was to have that container sticky and just stop moving up once it hits the first (title)row. But I somehow did not get it working and ran out of time...

Now, there is a problem with Safari and Iphones, as for some reason the contact form cannot be scrolled on those devices. The form resides in a full screen Modal window that I added as a component in RSD. It works fine on other browsers but not in Safari.
The link is http://www.orphelion-ensemble.com

Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Berthold

I am still in Java, with very little access to the internet, I will put the video up again first chance I get.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.