Share your websites made with...

User 188640 Photo


Registered User
862 posts

Chris wrote:
Here is my latest & last website using RSD Ver 2.5 & RCS. This was a BIG ONE!

I will be using SiteDesigner 4 for all future websites. I have got so much to learn but looking forward to it:

https://tonypark.net


I am so glad I went and looked at this site. Finally a GDPR notifier that looks nice.

Another great looking website.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2273654 Photo


Registered User
745 posts

Spectacular looking web site Chris. Can not imagine anyone not checking it out.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2929204 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Here is my second attempt at a website after my ammar-seer.com that I did for my brother.

This is neferium.com and I struggled with a lot of the functions but I think I eventually got the main results I was after.

My next update on this website (and the first one I did) is probably to have more 'creativity' with the images.

In both of the websites, I used 3 columns which I think kind of restricted the full effect I was after when I had images in one of the columns. Just couldn't get the images to automatically resize depending on the height of the highest paragraph containers.

Also, I want to have more effects with images, maybe a black and white effect on hover or a carousel or something. Also, I would definitely be looking at menus with subitems after I learn how to do them.

Any feedback would be most welcome...

BTW - I did notice one typo (jargo) which I'll update later!
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
13,843 posts
Online Now

Hi,
Have you tested this on mobile phones?
I find the font size to be much too tiny for my eyes.
Also, it looks kind of strange to have the menu bar (the green one) stopping with a gap to the top bar, and the other contents being scrolled behind it.
Otherwise, it looks good.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
This site was made before we were able to create components through the app:
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: https://eikweb.com/sharing/
My work in progress right now:
Components for the same as above + HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com


User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,827 posts
Online Now

Maz wrote:
Here is my second attempt at a website after my ammar-seer.com that I did for my brother.

This is neferium.com and I struggled with a lot of the functions but I think I eventually got the main results I was after.

My next update on this website (and the first one I did) is probably to have more 'creativity' with the images.

In both of the websites, I used 3 columns which I think kind of restricted the full effect I was after when I had images in one of the columns. Just couldn't get the images to automatically resize depending on the height of the highest paragraph containers.

Also, I want to have more effects with images, maybe a black and white effect on hover or a carousel or something. Also, I would definitely be looking at menus with subitems after I learn how to do them.

Any feedback would be most welcome...

[quotei]BTW - I did notice one typo (jargo) which I'll update later![/i]


your paragraph
"Astrology and Decision-Making
Astrology, and in particular, psychological astrology, becomes an effective tool for mapping out personal needs, our beliefs, and our values. This allows us to explore our behaviour at different periods of our life and this helps us to anticipate the opportunities and perspectives that lie ahead.
Psychological astrology helps us to make independent informed decisions to develop strategies for a more contented life.
Once we understand what is important to us and what is important when dealing with others, we can establish our own boundaries and priorities and develop a personal strategy of self-fulfilment.
"
At large screens is too wide making it difficult to read (google recommends a max-width of 800px i think 900px with L & R margins = auto would also be ok (some you have made multi-column which is better for users to read

[quotei]BTW - I did notice one typo (jargo) which I'll update later![/i][/quote]
and also you should do a spell check across the whole site,, there are numerous spelling mistakes, which although not a serious error, can sometimes put people off.

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2929204 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Inger wrote:
Hi,
Have you tested this on mobile phones?
I find the font size to be much too tiny for my eyes.
Also, it looks kind of strange to have the menu bar (the green one) stopping with a gap to the top bar, and the other contents being scrolled behind it.
Otherwise, it looks good.


Yes, I think the font does need to be increased.
The gap is for when the hamburger menu is activated. If there was no gap, the second sticky menu scrolls behind the 2 row hamburger menu. I couldn't find a solution for the 2nd sticky to dynamically stop as soon as it reaches the first sticky menu, whatever its thickness.

Thanks for the feedback and help
User 2929204 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Yes, agreed about the width there so I'll look at adding columns.

But... can you tell me what other typos were present... I did notice a hyphen missing between self and confidence but no other typos???
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,827 posts
Online Now

Maz wrote:
Yes, agreed about the width there so I'll look at adding columns.

But... can you tell me what other typos were present... I did notice a hyphen missing between self and confidence but no other typos???


...And now, I hav decided to place more emphasis on my astrology and my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development plan. This has proved to be very effective for my clients and I have achieved considerable success with this process.

here are just a couple

hav
should be

have

this one isn't a spelling error but is grammatically incorrect

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development[ plan

should be

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own development plan

There are others
you should run the pages through something like "Grammarly"

Also on mobile devices as I mentioned before the position sticky doesn't work (maybe on some of the really new ones)

So the gap for the second one doesn't really count anyway in a real live view on my phones (one of which is brand new)because both menus just scroll out of view



The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,827 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Maz wrote:
Yes, agreed about the width there so I'll look at adding columns.

But... can you tell me what other typos were present... I did notice a hyphen missing between self and confidence but no other typos???


...And now, I hav decided to place more emphasis on my astrology and my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development plan. This has proved to be very effective for my clients and I have achieved considerable success with this process.

here are just a couple

hav
should be

have

this one isn't a spelling error but is grammatically incorrect

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development[ plan

should be

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own development plan

There are others
you should run the pages through something like "Grammarly"

Also on mobile devices as I mentioned before the position sticky doesn't work (maybe on some of the really new ones)

So the gap for the second one doesn't really count anyway in a real live view on my phones (one of which is brand new)because both menus just scroll out of view




Grammarly
https://www.grammarly.com/p/fluency?utm … 67x-2kwK1A

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2929204 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Maz wrote:
Yes, agreed about the width there so I'll look at adding columns.

But... can you tell me what other typos were present... I did notice a hyphen missing between self and confidence but no other typos???


...And now, I hav decided to place more emphasis on my astrology and my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development plan. This has proved to be very effective for my clients and I have achieved considerable success with this process.



here are just a couple

hav
should be

have

this one isn't a spelling error but is grammatically incorrect

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own personal development[ plan

should be

my Astrology Counselling and Development programme is a powerful mixture of the astrology of a person and their own development plan

There are others
you should run the pages through something like "Grammarly"

Also on mobile devices as I mentioned before the position sticky doesn't work (maybe on some of the really new ones)

So the gap for the second one doesn't really count anyway in a real live view on my phones (one of which is brand new)because both menus just scroll out of view




Grammarly
https://www.grammarly.com/p/fluency?utm … 67x-2kwK1A








Hi Wayan,

yes agreed - personal and own should be an either/or... I didn't know about a spell checker for websites (!!) what I did was to copy the page and paste it to a word document and look for errors using my British English spell checker. The 'hav' didn't show up which is strange... so will go through it again.


Many thanks, Maz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.