RSD download file after buying SD3 -...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
12,215 posts
Online Now

It was mentioned by someone a while ago (can't find that post) that in the list of 'programmes you own' the RSD download file has been overwritten by SD3 (if you have bought it). I think it must have happened to all of us having bought both of them. I mentioned this in a support ticket at the beginning of this month, saying that a lot of us would still be using RSD, at least until we have got on top of SD. The reply I got said the webmaster would put the RSD download back. It doesn't seem to be his first priority, though, at least it is still missing from my list.

Just wanted you to know...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.eikweb.com/sharing/

User 2189375 Photo

27 posts

Hi,
I too have have just purchased SD3 and plan on converting my site over time to CSS grid however I'll be maintaining my site in the short to medium term using RSD V2.5.
I agree it would be great if RSD V2.5 was still available for download

My question is will SD V3 overwrite RSD V2.5 on installation?? I need to be able to edit my legacy site with RSD V2.5.

Simon
User 379556 Photo

841 posts

I have both programs (RSD 2.5 and SD v3), and can confirm that installing SD v3 doesn't overwrite the installation of RSD 2.5. Suzanne confirmed this on 26 April here.

It is important to remember that, when an RSD 2.5 project file is opened in SD v3, that project file will be converted, and will no longer be editable in RSD 2.5.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

841 posts

Inger wrote:
It was mentioned by someone a while ago (can't find that post) that in the list of 'programmes you own' the RSD download file has been overwritten by SD3 ...The reply I got said the webmaster would put the RSD download back

I think the post in question is here.

Frank
User 379556 Photo

841 posts

RSD v2.5 is now back in Download Your Purchases. The button for downloading is a small extra button (Get Previous v2.5) immediately below the Download button for Site Designer 3.0.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.