Reworked my site to simplify it. Now...

User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
11,825 posts
Online Now

If you do upgrade, it will be the newest version, called Site Designer, and it goes by the name 'SD3' or something like that. Be aware that it is somewhat different. One thing that might be confusing is, it used the same file extension, .rsd as the earlier versions. So my advice is:

1. before you install SD3, make a backup copy of your project and rename it, and store it, so that you don't by mistake open it in SD3. If you want to open it with RSD 1.5, you'll have to right-click and select RSD 1.5.
2. When you open the project in SD3 for the first time, you will get a message about converting it to either Foundation or Bootstrap, because the CC in-house 'Coffeegrinder' framework is not supported. I advise you to go for Foundation, since there are more people in this forum using it, so if help is needed, there will always be someone here who will be able to assist you. Once you have converted your project, you won't be able to open in in RSD 1.5 any more, so hence the backup copy.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/


User 404575 Photo


Registered User
714 posts

Thanks Inger!

It's offering to upgrade from 1.5 to "V3" for a very tempting price. Is that the SD3 of which you speak?
Melissa Rhiannon

NOW using Responsive Site Designer to maintain and edit
Denver Process Servers LLC
https://denverprocessservers.net/
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
1,872 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Thanks Inger!

It's offering to upgrade from 1.5 to "V3" for a very tempting price. Is that the SD3 of which you speak?


If they still do a free trial period, I would be tempted to give the free trial; a try out first, because its a very different approach to doing things.
The Help You Need : When You Need It The Most
website https://rsdtutorials.com
new website https://sdv3tutorials.com
components cabinet https://sdv3tutorials.com
hit the components cabinet link

User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
11,825 posts
Online Now

Yes, V3 and SD3 are one and the same. And what Wayan is saying about trying it is a good idea.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/


User 404575 Photo


Registered User
714 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Thanks Inger!

It's offering to upgrade from 1.5 to "V3" for a very tempting price. Is that the SD3 of which you speak?


If they still do a free trial period, I would be tempted to give the free trial; a try out first, because its a very different approach to doing things.


Thanks Wayan. I'm barely getting around in 1.5, so am not sure if it would make a huge difference. :-)
Melissa Rhiannon

NOW using Responsive Site Designer to maintain and edit
Denver Process Servers LLC
https://denverprocessservers.net/
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
1,872 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Thanks Inger!

It's offering to upgrade from 1.5 to "V3" for a very tempting price. Is that the SD3 of which you speak?


If they still do a free trial period, I would be tempted to give the free trial; a try out first, because its a very different approach to doing things.


Thanks Wayan. I'm barely getting around in 1.5, so am not sure if it would make a huge difference. :-)


Well believe me if you are barely getting around in V1.5 the difference will be vast, but then as you say it may be so different it makes no difference if that makes sense, but I still would give the free trial a go first (if it's still available as a free trial) and use the 14 days trial to get to know your way around, before even attempting to bring in the v1.5 project
The Help You Need : When You Need It The Most
website https://rsdtutorials.com
new website https://sdv3tutorials.com
components cabinet https://sdv3tutorials.com
hit the components cabinet link

User 404575 Photo


Registered User
714 posts

Thanks! :D
Melissa Rhiannon

NOW using Responsive Site Designer to maintain and edit
Denver Process Servers LLC
https://denverprocessservers.net/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.