Responsive Site Designer Tips and...

User 2866788 Photo

10 posts

How to insert PHP in the Title zone of the "page settings".

I have tried to type
<?php echo "coucou"; ?>

but when exporting i get

<title>&lt;?php echo "coucou"; ?&gt;</title>

Attachments:
User 2699991 Photo

1,734 posts
Online Now

PAGES FLORENT wrote:

I have tried to type
<?php echo "coucou"; ?>

but when exporting i get

Put It After Exporting
The Sky Is A big Empty Space : But There Is No Room For Error
website https://rsdtutorials.com
User 7433 Photo

40 posts

Does this help anyone?
One of the main problems I had trouble keeping track of my import folders; using the following in later project helped me alot.

Keep your import folder, save folders and build folders in one main folder like this (or something like this);
MY_RSDWEBPAGE_A(Main folder)
    K_CONTENTSLIDER(folder)(these are build files)
    K_EMAILDESIGNER(folder)(these are build files)
    K_MAINFOLDERS(folder)
      [formemail3][image4][images][images2][images3][menuA_2016j] (copy your other folders / images here that are ready to import before you import them; ie images and non-rsd-coffeecup exported files)
    K_MAINRSDEXPORT(folder)(these are the folders of the final rsd exports that are ready to use)
    K_MAINRSDSAVES(folder)(these are the save files for your RSD creations to load in RSD)
    K_MENUBUILDER(folder)(these are build files)
User 53435 Photo

58 posts

PAGES FLORENT wrote:

I have tried to type
<?php echo "coucou"; ?>

but when exporting i get

In the <head> section you need to add it in the "Settings" pane for the page.
Use an HTML container if you want to add php to the <body> section.

Adding it after exporting is stupidly inefficient, and means that whenever you make an adjustment to a page and re-export the project you may have to edit loads of files.
The only thing I have left to do post-export is to add the attributes to the <html> tag for the opengraph stuff, and insert and pre-html PHP code at the top of the file.
It would be nice to be able to include these in a project as well, however RSD in its current form is incapable of doing this.

User 515127 Photo

109 posts

This may be obvious to some folks, but it took me a while to figure it out so I thought I would share this.

When using RSD, creating a form container and then putting form elements in the container - several common form relevant attribute settings are not offered. For example, maxlength, onclick, onnblur, placeholder, etc. etc.

I was editing the forms after export to include these things and that was a major inconvenience!

I evolved into editing the form and saving it as a stand-alone text document after the first export - then replacing the entire section from <form> to </form> by pasting the text content thereafter whenever I did an update. Of course, any further change to the html of the form required either manually writing the changes or re-editing the entire form container contents and saving that as the new form text file. .

I eventually figured out that the attributes element of the design window offered a 'custom' attribute which can be named whatever and a value assigned. For instance - by default they offer data-custom-1 as the name but you can make that maxlength and place whatever value you care to, or placeholder or onclick or onblur etc. etc. and that allows for the creation of considerably more advanced forms. You can call a javascript procedure as the value, place the script code into the head or footer within the page settings area and come reasonably close to building a form with some intermediate features within RSD. Another example - if you are like me and sometimes wish to write your own form validation procedure, on the form container you can create a custom attribute named onsubmit and give it the value return, validateForm(this) and the resulting html is:<form class="form-container" onsubmit="return, validateForm(this)">

Probably obvious to a lot of you - but I'll bet a few folks missed the utility of this, just as I did.

Regards,
Gordon
User 2624719 Photo

172 posts

Hi All
As i have been working on Black Forest Theme i noticed that when the navbar became sticky at the top you could not see the full title of the other buttons when you selected them eg:when you scroll to gallery the word Gallery along with some of the background were hidden behind the sticky navbar .Now i know this is not a deal breaker however i needed to see all the scroll landings to be clear under the navbar while i set about to do this and with many hours of trials i have hit on a very quick and fool proof way of achieving this . This is how i do it first of all i have a two monitor setup and i will refer to the different monitors as a way of simplifying my description .you could also achieve this on a single monitor with a simple minimise to the task bar for each program . Ok hear goes with RSD open on monitor 1 and my web browser of choice (firefox )open on monitor 2 this is what you do . In RSD in the design tab go to the heading (id) row for Gallery > you should now have in the Design tab and Element section selected Type Row Classes x row-3 ID gallery . if not go to the Gallery heading on the template and select row by pointing on the top left of the Heading 3 and drop down until you land on row and select Row . Ok with the Row selected dropdown the design pane and select Style then Dimensions and find Padding this is were you will adjust the title so that it becomes visible from under the navbar . if you increase the padding up arrow (first box on the left from the padding title ) you will notice the Gallery is moving down from behind the navbar . Ok so if you have managed that you are almost there .Now comes the point of having the Browser open ,you will need this as a visual Guide for when you move to different breakpoints . Let me explain if you use the Preview on tab and go for your default Browser you can get a better visual on how much you need to add or take away in the padding . eg: i assume you have done all the above ,So with the your Bowser open grab the side and resize it to your first breakpoint we will start at mobile 390 px .you should find you have now matched it to the breakpoint in RSD 390 px . you are trying to match the two screens . Ok with the two screens matched select the Gallery button on the browser this is very important as this will now give you the visual that you need to match in RSD .With the position now set by the browser go to the template page in RSD and scroll the side of the template until it matches the browser position .You now have a visual guide to work with
! Hooray ! .If you are still with me all you do now is adjust the padding until you have the title showing and not under the navbar . Tip dont close the browser when you are Previewing your changes this will make it quicker simply adjust and Preview. And That is it just repeat for all other breakpoints . it sounds confusing but it is simple and very fast once you get into it
Regards Adrian
User 379556 Photo

692 posts

Hi Adrian.

Thanks for that, not because I use the Black Forest theme, but because of the reference to previewing on a separate monitor. I have been wasting effort clicking between separate windows on a single monitor when previewing, and sometimes clicking on the wrong window (especially when I have Notepad++ or HTML Editor also open).

Although I have only one monitor, reading your post reminded me that I could have saved myself time and effort doing something very similar using the multiple desktops available in Windows 10, and switching between them using the left or right arrow keys while holding down the Windows and Control keys. It's a facility I knew about, but had failed to use.

Thanks again.
Frank
User 2846958 Photo

7 posts

Hi.
Does anyone knows if there are a PDF version of the RESPONSIVE SITE DESIGNER HELP MANUAL?
Thanks.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
18,074 posts

Hi Jose,
No there isn't. CC went to all online help files so it was easier to update them. Since the programs they are making are for websites everyone would typically have a connection to use their apps.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

Here's my S-Drive site with
examples of what can be accomplished in VSD.
http://progrower.coffeecup.com/
Here's my CoffeeCup SCCP Shop with examples of what can be done.
http://progrower.coffeecup.com/shop/
This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personnel site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
http://ericrohloff.com
http://ericrohloff.com/property/
User 2846958 Photo

7 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Hi Jose,
No there isn't. CC went to all online help files so it was easier to update them. Since the programs they are making are for websites everyone would typically have a connection to use their apps.

Thank you Eric Rohloff.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.