Responsive Site Designer 8 short...

User 2284661 Photo

2 posts

Hello All,

I have been working my way through this 8 part tutorial, and have gotten all the way down to adding footer section. No matter how hard I try stopping and starting the video, I can not get that section of the tutorial to work for me. It looks like he adjusts the row then add spacing to 80, then puff the text is centred in the row. That is the section I am having trouble with. When I do that my footers appear one above the over, and not side by side.

Can someone please give me a step by step on that part of the video, I seem to be missing a step.

Thanks,
Blair,
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
12,204 posts
Online Now

The tutorial apparently is lacking a step or two. The class footer-link must have been given display rules that don't appear in the tutorial. Try display inline-block and margin auto both left and right before you duplicate it.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.eikweb.com/sharing/

User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

I tried to keep it concise but Inger is right, in my effort to not go totally wild with all the possibilities RSD has to offer, I forgot to add a step. I mention that the links are treated similar as the navigation buttons. There's one difference though, the buttons were already displayed as a row (inline-block) while the links were stacked (a column). I updated that section.

For centering them you can do as Inger suggested, use margin auto for both sides OR you can use the centering option on the column (as with the navigation buttons).

If you use the same class on the links (I am using footer-link) you don't have to add other styles before you duplicate them, they will all be automatically updated :)

Thanks Inger for pointing this out!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2284661 Photo

2 posts

Thanks,

I will give it a try,

Blair

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.