Navigation #2 - Post ID 277510

User 458539 Photo

1,129 posts

Hello Forum

So many of my problems surround navigation. I used menu builder for years (it was nice and simple - easy to use) but don't want to use something that isn't going to be supported long term. Would have been nice to have had sub sub menu but oh well. So have been trying to use Navigation from components. If its simple its been ok particularly when I am trying to be icon based as opposed to drop downs. But I still need drop downs a lot of times. I have seen some that the smart folks on the forums have put together but have not gotten them to work very well. I am sure its something stupid but are there some video instruction concerning menus? I use the components for the mobile expansion and that seems to work out pretty well.

What do you guys use when there is only one tab that need a drop down?

How about drop down - flyout type of menus that have more description in the menu area? Sometimes even a picture?

Thanks

Byron
User 458539 Photo

1,129 posts

On the dropdown - flyout menu idea

I have experimented with the Button Toggle in components and adding picture links (and short paragraphs) and it looks promising. Tried placing a subgrid in there and fiddling with that and it looks like it might work. Has anyone else played with that and found any problems?

Thanks again

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.