My new demo's for study...

User 131545 Photo

594 posts

Dear all,

Here are my first demo for study how create an flex layout with rows, columns en containers
Thanks Inger & Wayan for your support
Kind regards
Stephan
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
12,280 posts
Online Now

Not bad, Stefke! :)
What you may want to change is perhaps adding the colours already at the smallest breakpoint?

And I see you followed my advice and dropped the subgrid. Well done!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.eikweb.com/sharing/

User 2699991 Photo

2,327 posts
Online Now

STEFKE wrote:
Dear all,

Here are my first demo for study how create an flex layout with rows, columns en containers
Thanks Inger & Wayan for your support
Kind regards
Stephan

Yes not bad but one other thing you need to remember when making components is that you should try to just use the default breakpoints not add any extras (unless the component is really complicated) the reason is that if anyone uses a component that has additional breakpoints those breakpoints get added to their project which might become a problem for them
Also, try to avoid having 2 class names to an element because it makes it difficult to make changes when you don't know which class the change they want to make needs to be applied to.

And Inger is correct, about the colours at the other breakpoints that shows lack of attention to details,& you might think about making the column widths at the lower breakpoints fit better, (it is possible even at the lower points to get 2 columns side by side and still look ok, and the user doesn't have to scroll so far on mobile devices (think on that the component is being added to a page which probably has many elements already
Other than that not bad for a first attempt
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
User 2699991 Photo

2,327 posts
Online Now

AHH now I see what you are doing each column can be a component on its own but that isn't very clear.

at the moment you have only 1 of the columns as a component

you should have ALL the columns as components & each given a unique title & description so that people can save whichever column they want as a component individually;

At the moment you only have the one with 1 column & 4 containers The title you have given that component is
4 subgrid-columns but it isn't subgrid-columns it's a column with 4 containers
so really the title for that component should be something like
component-4 one-col- four-cards

You need to start from the top column and add it as a component to the project (no need add it to resources just add it as a component)
call it something like "component-1- one-col one-cards
next one
component-2 -one-col;-2-cards
next one
component-3- one-col-3-cards
last one
component-4- 1-col-4-cards

that way anyone using your component, has a choice for which one they want to add to their project, or they can add all 4 individually and then make the choice as to which one they want to add to a project.
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.