IN RSD your images WILL NOT get...

User 2699991 Photo

3,115 posts

Twinstream wrote:
Hi Wayan,

I am using RSD V2.5 Build 2361. Build 2357 did not have the update to the img "src" element working yet.

2357 is the latest one available for download from CC
Quote from BOB
We pushed new versions of Responsive Site Designer, Bootstrap Builder and Foundation Framer live today with a different approach for the picture element. Following our research, we decided to follow the specified implementation :P

In short we concluded that:

1. that both issues cannot be fixed at the same time,
2. considering the increased browser support of the responsive images, the best solution looks to use src.
3. the double downloand 'might' only affects Opera and IE11 and older browsers — 'might because depending when picturefill kicks in, the double download is cancelled.

Go ahead, get the latest of the best and let us know how it goes!

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2699991 Photo

3,115 posts

Twinstream wrote:
Hi Wayan,

I am using RSD V2.5 Build 2361. Build 2357 did not have the update to the img "src" element working yet.

Hmm so they must have put build 2361 up after Bob posted the thingy yesterday, I read his post went to my purchases bit and saw the update available, so downloaded it,, wouldn't you know it today I just looked again and now it's on 2361, am downloading it now to see what happens

Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
User 2823310 Photo

312 posts

The build 2361 has a clean install.
Repairs the src and is stable. :cool:
User 2765857 Photo

608 posts

Same thing here downloaded yesterday Build 2357 and saw that it still same with scrset, after checking forum today saw it was a new Build 2361. Downloaded all 3 again RSD - RFF - and RBB and as mentioned seems to repair the scr.

I do have RSD 1.5 for a site of ours and had added RSD 2.5 to our other computer to see how it would work with 1.5 and (for me) it had a performance issue as took much to long to open each page so was keeping 1.5 project until ready for a makeover in RFF. Well today after the new RSD Build 2361 I can say " Performance Issue" seems to be gone ( hopefully) All pages in the project for 1.5 opening in 2.5 open pretty fast and also even though 1.5 does not have Components Library I can make a Symbol and or Component and this is a big time saver. The srcset is also gone and only src shows.
So it may be time to bite the bullet and add RSD 2.5 to my main computer ....
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo

3,115 posts

Alter Eagle wrote:

I had all sorts of problems loading that build 2361,, eventually I disabled windows defender & kasperski total protection suite, which then made for a successful install (previously CC installer kept stopping at unpacking some .exe file or other.

However I am still experiencing the same problem with my forms on pages not displaying (as per my vidoe on previous post for build 2357)

Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
User 2699991 Photo

3,115 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Alter Eagle wrote:

I had all sorts of problems loading that build 2361,, eventually I disabled windows defender & kasperski total protection suite, which then made for a successful install (previously CC installer kept stopping at unpacking some .exe file or other.

However I am still experiencing the same problem with my forms on pages not displaying (as per my vidoe on previous post for build 2357)

Now I also discovered that the "save" is always greyed out even saving as then closing,,,re-opening the project, still permanently greyed out.

Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Wayan,

I too had the unpacking error issue. I had to install on another drive (not in the c:\ path) since windows 10 assumes the installer is not a trusted installer to install in the c:\Program Files path.

Now, since I couldn't install 2361 in the correct path, now all RSD versions won't install there either leading me to believe the cause is either in the .exe, a .dll, or the installer itself that CC is using. Would probably have to do a register cleanup to fix the problem or wait for CC to provide a patch.

I did not have the save issue though. As soon as I mad any change at all the save became available.
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 379556 Photo

1,134 posts

Does perhaps version 2362 address these issues? I mention it because 'Your Purchases' didn't flag up for me that there was a newer version than the version 2361 which I downloaded yesterday (30 September).

Frank
User 2699991 Photo

3,115 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Does perhaps version 2362 address these issues? I mention it because 'Your Purchases' didn't flag up for me that there was a newer version than the version 2361 which I downloaded yesterday (30 September).

Frank

nope
still getting an error message like before, & this time even doing what I did yesterday to get around the problem, doesn't seem to work this time

Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

There is a new version '2362' that should fix the unpacking issue. You are right though it did not display in my purchases as a new update. I regularly check my purchases for new updates as this is not the first time that there were updates that didn't show as available.
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.