How Can I Work Backwards?! - Post ID...

User 132348 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Making a few changes the other day, all was going well until my Index page suddenly lost all its formatting. I have no idea what happened, but the css.main file was suddenly a lot shorter than it had been previously.

I managed to recover an earlier version of that file and upload it, and the live site now looks fine - but my Index page in RSD is still a complete mess. This means I can't make further changes and just export and upload them as usual.

Is there any way that I can 'work backwards' and reinstate the css.main file into RSD? I don't know where the working files are actually stored, or in what format, or whether this is possible, but it would be a lot quicker than having to completely redo my index page.
User 2699991 Photo

3,000 posts
Online Now

Philip Tilson wrote:
Making a few changes the other day, all was going well until my Index page suddenly lost all its formatting. I have no idea what happened, but the css.main file was suddenly a lot shorter than it had been previously.

I managed to recover an earlier version of that file and upload it, and the live site now looks fine - but my Index page in RSD is still a complete mess. This means I can't make further changes and just export and upload them as usual.

Is there any way that I can 'work backwards' and reinstate the css.main file into RSD? I don't know where the working files are actually stored, or in what format, or whether this is possible, but it would be a lot quicker than having to completely redo my index page.

Unfortunately i think that you are stuck with re-doing the page. It may be worth while opening a support ticket first and asking the magicians at cc they might be able to reccover it.
https://mawarputih.id
The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Page Ingredients
User 244626 Photo

801 posts

Philip Tilson wrote:

I have found myself in this situation before. One technique you might want to try is to use a tool (usually found online) to compare two css stylesheets. If you have a older "working" backup main.css stylesheet and then your newer main.css stylesheet you can compare and see the differences. Then it is a matter of just going back in and adding the styles needed into the newer project. Of course if Wayan suggestion of asking for support worked....thats great too.
I don't design the sites, I make them work.
User 132348 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Of course if Wayan suggestion of asking for support worked....thats great too.

I'm still waiting for a reply on that one! :rolleyes:
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,809 posts

Hi Philip,

Did you open a support ticket with CC?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.