Black Mirror Bikes - Post ID 277879

User 1869666 Photo

93 posts

The theme uses Containers rather than varying spans of columns.

I've tried to attach my RSD file but keep getting an error msg. Will try later.
User 2699991 Photo

1,788 posts
Online Now

Carolyn Borjon wrote:
The theme uses Containers rather than varying spans of columns.

I've tried to attach my RSD file but keep getting an error msg. Will try later.

try zipping the file & put it into dropbox, then create a link copy the link & paste it here
The Help You Need : When You Need It The Most
website https://rsdtutorials.com

User 232214 Photo

COO
823 posts

Can you be a bit more specific on what exactly you try to do for what section on what page page Carolyn?

I looked at the file, the 1st page looks great indeed :) On the contact page, for example, if you want to show the bears background full-width, as per Eric's suggestion use 'cover' for the background image. (You have that for smaller screens but you changed it to custom at the second breakpoint).

If you want to learn more about flexbox, we made guide that you can find here:

http://flexbox-guide.coffeecup.com/index.html

One note, the guide shows a desktop down design approach, the Foundation framework that you are using in your project is mobile-first. Just keep that in the back of your mind when reading.

Happy to help with pointers and even updating sections in your project — I am doing that a lot in the support rooms, but I like doing it more here so everybody can benefit — just try to be as specific as possible in what you want to achieve :P
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1869666 Photo

93 posts

Thanks Bob for taking a look. On the Contact page at the second breakpoint (there are only two breakpoints) if I change to Cover the photo is just a blurry mess. Oops! Just realized that at some point I changed the width settings to 100%. Once I changed that to Auto it's not a blurry mess anymore.

Thanks for the flexbox tutorial.

What I want to be able to do for the inside pages is to use a different header image for the various categories of pages. I was testing on the Contact page. The Class for the row is row-1 but if I want to use a different image in that row would I just need to change the Class to row-2 or some descriptive name such as row-bears or row-caribou or row-whatever.

On my nationalparks.html page I see I have full-width-row for the class with an ID welcome. If I change that image I assume it would change also on any other page using full-width-row?

I know I'm thrashing around a bit but I'm also learning a lot.
User 2699991 Photo

1,788 posts
Online Now

Carolyn wrote:
What I want to be able to do for the inside pages is to use a different header image for the various categories of pages. I was testing on the Contact page. The Class for the row is row-1 but if I want to use a different image in that row would I just need to change the Class to row-2 or some descriptive name such as row-bears or row-caribou or row-whatever.

On my nationalparks.html page I see I have full-width-row for the class with an ID welcome. If I change that image I assume it would change also on any other page using full-width-row?

Hello Carolyn
You can simply add another class name to the row (row-1), no need to delete the class name row-1. Once you have added the new class name click inside the blue area for class nane row-1 once, that will grey it out. then you can go ahead and make any changes to styling you desire.

Alternatively give any row a unique ID (or use the existing ID if it has one, then go down to the "apply-to " section open the dropdown & set it to ID, the little border on the left will change from blue to yellow, you can then go ahead and insert /change the image background sizes anything, All the styling will then show the yellow border on the left, to indicate for later reference that styling for that row/element whatever, has been made using the ID
So on your nationalparks page the row that has the ID welcome, you would just simple go to the apply to section and select ID, then any additinal stuff changes will not affect the other rows with the same class name

Hope that makes sense
The Help You Need : When You Need It The Most
website https://rsdtutorials.com

User 1869666 Photo

93 posts

Thanks Wayan! Will try this later today.
User 2119480 Photo

77 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
---- I would just be fishing in the dark -----

A pastime i quite enjoy :D:D:D
desert country
WOOMERA
South Australia

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.