Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That keyboard shortcut is not for hiding the panel. It is a shortcut for preview. It is working exactly how it is supposed to be. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Is it possible in an update to have the breakpoints still showing when the panel is hidden? :P

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

ChefScott wrote:
Is it possible in an update to have the breakpoints still showing when the panel is hidden? :P

That is eventually our plan.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2660090 Photo

89 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
ChefScott wrote:

That is eventually our plan.
Oh good! I look forward to that.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Something I've been pondering for a while now. I'd love to see the ability to have pages within our layout project that do not show in the actual editing area (top right corner with arrows that scrolls through the pages). This would be great if we could apply a toggle (preferably in the Layouts Manager area) check box or something to tell it that it is not an active page or something like that page. This would be used for pages we use as templates so we don't have to scroll through them when viewing or editing the pages if we don't want to. Then we can toggle the setting off if we need to edit that page.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

A few grievances that will hopefully be addressed :)

1. There is a definite issue with copy/paste when the program has been running for a little while. Doesn't have to always be a long time, and I cannot replicate the amount of time, but it is consistent in that it will eventually stop allowing you to copy/paste. It acts as if it did it (screen flashes slightly as if it did whatever you were trying to do), but it doesn't do it.

In order to fix this (and this is on a freshly rebooted computer this morning after it had been completely turned off for the night) I have to save the project and restart the program. From there it will work again for some time and do it again. Very inconsistently consistent hahaha. Not sure time frames, sometimes it's a half hour sometimes 2 hours, but always happens at some point.

2. This same thing happens with moving things around. Many times I'll try to put something in a container and it will not let me or I try to move an element from one place to another. If I restart the program it then works.

3. Trying to reorder some things is a real pain because you cannot drag and drop it where you want it. For example I've tried so many times to reorder a list of things, or a handful of paragraphs and when you pick up a paragraph it goes either to the top or the bottom depending on where you drag it. This is the same for images, containers, etc. as well at times.
An example of when this happens is usually when I paste something I try to paste it after what I have currently selected. That's how I expect it will paste is right after what I have selected, but it doesn't always. Many times it pastes to the end of that particular container or column so I have to move it. When I try to move it where I want it, if the program has been running for a while it will not go to where I want it and I usually have to reorder it by hand meaning:
First move the item I want on the bottom to the top, then the second to last to the top and so on until I get the order I want it in. This happens quite often.

Note: Most of what I do I use the Bootstrap 2 setup for in case that matters. Mac version.
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

I experienced the same issues... especially right before RSD crashed and my file became corrupt. I could not use the undo Ctrl Z function. It was working well for a while and then it wold not work at all. The copy paste function started pasting at the bottom of the column or page. Did not know. Thought it stopped working until I found my pastes at the bottom.
I started saving my file after every change. It did not help. I closed RSD and restarted and it would work for a few tries then back to not being able to undo and copying and pasting started acting funny again, but this time a lot quicker. Then it crashed .
Scott was very helpful and resolved my corrupt file issue quickly. I think they are aware of these issues and are working on it. Hopefully resolved in the next build.
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 294282 Photo

25 posts

Somewhere down the road, I would like to see a "lightbox" element created to help take some of the frustration out of adding a Lightbox image to the design.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

I think i heard rumors that CC is working on a slider of some type. Hopefully they will surprise us soon!:D
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Please make the right click menu that shows up when you are inside the text edit mode be affect what you have highlighted in text and not the full element.

For example I try to cut some text in one spot of a Paragraph element and paste it to another spot, but the "cut" selection doesn't affect the text, it cuts the entire element out. I would think this right click menu would pertain to your highlighted text rather than the element itself when in text edit mode. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.