RLM vs RSD - Page 1 - Post ID 233527

User 2374849 Photo

13 posts

Just had an email / newsletter from coffeecup and it said:

"RSD well on its way. Not on RLM yet? Then please note that (initially) RSD will only be available in conjunction with Layout Maker."

Any chance some kind of clarification on what the deal is likely to be here?
I've been holding off from RLM because I am more interested in getting content out (as in VSD method) and decided it would be better to wait for RSD rather than getting into coding big time with RLM and the HTML Editor.

That latest message makes it sound like I'm going to have to buy two products.
The 'initially' thing is interesting too - need two products to begin, or wait until development catches up and then only need one product?

I appreciate that you won't give a timeline on release, but some sort of product roadmap would be useful. i.e. Is RSD going to be a fully featured standalone product or is your roadmap going in any of these directions:
1. To begin I will need 2 plus products to do responsive design?

2. Some unknown time later it will be possible to use RSD for site design without RLM, but RSD will need other products like menu maker or something else to make it fully featured?

3. RSD will be be standalone but will need things like shopping cart and menu maker?

4. RSD will be standalone

What I'm trying to work out is where all this is headed and what I am actually going to need.

I have a number of projects on the go in different areas and the whole point of VSD / RSD is that the approach frees me up from coding so I can spend time on content - so 'diving into RLM' and coding is what I am trying to avoid the need for. Your latest message makes it sound like I need both or I could be waiting some time (e.g. maybe 2015!).

What's the plan guys?
Thanks.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I smell cookies too and I think it will be a nice cookie with a cup of coffee :)
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

About all I can say is RLM and RSD will be completely two different programs. If your traffic statistics are leaning towards mobile traffic, we really suggest you dive into the responsive waters now. With Responsive Layout Maker along with the Quick Start Guide, some helpful videos and other tutorials will help you master this critical aspect web design. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of Responsive Layout Maker. It will also allow you to hit the ground running when our Responsive Site Designer program is released (Responsive Site Designer will be able to import RLM layouts).
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1545 Photo

26 posts

I am still unclear about the difference between RLM and RSD! I own RLM but have not used it yet. Does RLM produce code that can be used right now for a website? How will RSD be different? I have read the descriptions on the website and several posts but still have questions.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Ralph Bressler wrote:
I am still unclear about the difference between RLM and RSD! I own RLM but have not used it yet. Does RLM produce code that can be used right now for a website? How will RSD be different? I have read the descriptions on the website and several posts but still have questions.

All that will be answered when RSD is released. All I can say now is RSD will open an RLM project file and RSD will function exactly like RLM but will allow you to add your content directly to it instead of exporting from RLM and adding your content inside of an editor. RLM and RSD will always be two separate products that handle different tasks. One will not require the other (although they can be used together).

I cannot comment any more on RSD at this time as. Be patient Ralph. All will be made very clear soon.... ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2687873 Photo

1 post

RSD soon?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

David Cottam wrote:
RSD soon?

Soon. ;)
User 171749 Photo

91 posts

Scott, can you define soon :D

I’ve played with RLM and like it but want to be able to do more with it (such as adding the correct images without going into the html file). I can see where RLM might be of use to a working site designer to show samples to customers, but us hobbyist need more ;)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mark Dean wrote:
Scott, can you define soon :D

I’ve played with RLM and like it but want to be able to do more with it (such as adding the correct images without going into the html file). I can see where RLM might be of use to a working site designer to show samples to customers, but us hobbyist need more ;)

Soon = Anytime between 1 minute from now and the year 2016. ;)

Adding images can be done right through RLM though. You have had that option for quite a while now.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … yout-maker
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Soon = Anytime between 1 minute from now and the year 2016. ;)

Haahaaha thats a new one. lol... :lol::lol::lol:
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.