How do you install the layouts? -...

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

My apologies if this has been covered but I did look through the other posts and didn't see where it had been covered (and where has the search forum option gone?.... I dunno ...take a break and they change everything ...taps paw)

I have just downloaded RLM and the extra layout pack and am a little lost. How and where do I install the layouts from the extra pack?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

You simply double click the .rlmp file located in the pack you downloaded. They are not themes per-say, they are layouts that you can use to work off of. :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Good to see you again, Tassietiger!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Waves to Inger.

Adam sorry I'm not following ...baby steps please. I've downloaded and unzipped the file and have a folder called "Layout Maker Template Pack" with several folders within it. What do I do at this point? How do I get them to interact with the program? Which folders do they need to go in? Parent folder or subfolders?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Each folder contains a .rlmp file and should be named for the layout it contains. :P Each .rlmp file is a layout.

You can not install them in Responsive Layout Maker like you can with HTML Editor and VSD they are simply exported projects.

Look around the files and you will find it. :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Tassie, it's like you have a vnu file for VSD. You double click on it, it opens in VSD and you can edit it. And then you can' if you like, save it with a different name.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Inger wrote:
Tassie, it's like you have a vnu file for VSD. You double click on it, it opens in VSD and you can edit it. And then you can' if you like, save it with a different name.

Exactly. :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

ah okay ...thank you. Might it be a good idea to add a help file to the download explaining that?

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

tassietiger wrote:
ah okay ...thank you. Might it be a good idea to add a help file to the download explaining that?

We will think on it. :P
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

file 13 eh :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.