How do you install the layouts? -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You are way overthinking things here Jim. ;)

These are just layouts. Extract them and place the folder where ever you like. When you open RLM and go to the File Menu > Open, you will browse to this location and select the layout you want to work with.

This goes the same for themes, graphics and fonts. You decide what is the best place to use.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 418470 Photo

101 posts

Not-for-nuthin but I did all this, and I think the folder structure is, at best, messy. That said; I keep a little folder called "webmaster" wherein I created a link to the downloaded layouts. Of course I need to remember my own advice & selecting "Open" to an empty folder usually sparks my memory. jmho
I should have something clever to say... but I don't.
newurbanpantry.com https://www.newurbanpantry.com
frankelmo.com http://www.frankelmo.com
User 2632733 Photo

26 posts

Hi Scott,

While you have been away on holidays I have been "playing" with RLM again and been successful with almost everything I need to do with the exception of one thing (at least at this time).

I am reimplementing two existing sites so they are responsive and a bit more modern. Initial setup using RLM has been quite straight forward, great piece of software, however I am concerned at the possible overhead required to maintain custom CSS menu code as I fine tune the layouts and re-export.

I have implemented the custom menus using the example that showed using a button as a placeholder then inserting the custom menu code between the <div></div> codes. There are many pages and quite a number of unique custom menus and each of these need to be manually reinserted after an export operation as they are replaced with the button element.

Because I am a programmer I can write some code to correctly resolve each page with its required CSS code, less than a days work, however it would be more useful for others also if a feature was included, similar to the insert image location in image elements, to insert the custom menu code during export. The code to be inserted to be retrieved from a file and placed where required. This would allow a specific menu to be placed on a page, or indeed multiple custom menus on a page.

I look forward to your reply and comments about this suggestion.

Alan Chate

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hey Aec,

I know exactly what you are talking about. One thing you should remember is that you are using a Responsive "Layout Maker" not a website designer.

The main use for this program is to quickly produce prototype layouts. Because CC put so many great features in this software you can build a website 80 percent of the way. This often teases us into thinking they should just go all the way. But guess what? Hold tight because the long anticipated Responsive "Site Designer" should be coming soon and have many features that both you and I will love. The best part is you can open any of your RLMP projects and finish them off in RSD.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.