Suggestions for Responsive Email...

User 2800350 Photo

4 posts

We'd love a "find and replace" option for text that can search the underlying code, to which we don't have access, and change things we have in multiple places.

Use case:
We have a featured product in our newsletter with a photo linked, a name that it's the title and alt text, and a text line below the photo also linked.
Next newsletter we want to replace that item with a new one. The title, alt, and text line, as well as all places that item number appears in image source and link targets, could all be find/replaced quicker and with fewer errors.

We can imagine a number of other uses as well.

Thanks.
User 325858 Photo

20 posts

I know version 4.0 is eminent but, the ability to add Litmus (or your favorite ESP) tracking code into the footer or end of the email between </table> and </body> tags would be a real welcome edition for me. Having to add this in in a text editor is easy enough but maintaining a living, breathing version of each email of the campaign inside RED would be way more efficient.
User 2749416 Photo

4 posts

Any chance you'll have a 64-bit Mac OS (Catalina) version available soon?
User 462989 Photo

53 posts

I am using RED to enhance the email output generated in Web Form Builder.
I would like to see a similar condition/rule-based display option in RED for text fields, or some means of importing text fields (not input fields) from WFB (if they are displaying in the form), where I already use the rule-based display option. This facility enables one to use one form for multiple different selections, each with their own related texts.
This is what I want to replicate in RED.
Thank you
Nick
User 3013844 Photo

1 post

Hi, I would love if you could swap out different images per device/breakpoint. So - display 1 image at the max viewpoint and at each breakpoint use an alternative smaller image that is optimised for smaller devices.

Another request would be to hide different elements or whole sections based on the breakpoint. So you can really curate what users see on different devices.

Thanks, Kate
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Kate Thornell wrote:
Hi,

Another request would be to hide different elements or whole sections based on the breakpoint. So you can really curate what users see on different devices.

Thanks, Kate

Use "Display = none"
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2957107 Photo

9 posts

I might suggest two ideas:

1: Swap columns with media queries. Especially useful for mobile when you rows that have two columns that have alternating elements that need to stack in a sensible way.

2: "Display" = none that works on rows and not just columns and elements with media queries. Currently, this will not work on rows per the developer.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Roy Myers wrote:
I might suggest two ideas:

1: Swap columns with media queries. Especially useful for mobile when you rows that have two columns that have alternating elements that need to stack in a sensible way.

2: "Display" = none that works on rows and not just columns and elements with media queries. Currently, this will not work on rows per the developer.

These things work in browsers because the browsers interpret them and display what we intend. Do email programs and apps support media queries and display none on rows?
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.