Viewing .tif images on website - Post...

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Converting to PDF might be another option, although they won't be embedded in the website. If you want people to view them with their own "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer," then you can just put the .tif files on there as links and they can Save or Open from there. If you want them viewable on the website within the browser, then yes I'd go with JPG w/ less compression (than whatever made them unbearable).
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Adam Richesin wrote:
Converting to PDF might be another option, although they won't be embedded in the website. If you want people to view them with their own "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer," then you can just put the .tif files on there as links and they can Save or Open from there. If you want them viewable on the website within the browser, then yes I'd go with JPG w/ less compression (than whatever made them unbearable).

Another good idea Adam. Also, this way, the users also gets a copy of the Records as well.

There you go Chuck, lots of options and possabilities to play with. You can reduce the file size considerably using the Jpeg format and still have a very good quality picture that is very readable. Alternatively, Adam's suggestions of using the PDF format makes a lot of sense and gives very quick download times.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 29552 Photo

Ambassador
15 posts

Saturday May 20, 2006

Thanks for all the input everyone! I'll give some of these suggestions a try and see how it works.

Sorry it's taken me so long to say thanks. I've been on the road all week.

Chuck
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Chuck Landers wrote:
Saturday May 20, 2006

Thanks for all the input everyone! I'll give some of these suggestions a try and see how it works.

Sorry it's taken me so long to say thanks. I've been on the road all week.

Chuck

Chuck, from all the guys here, 'You Are Welcome'. Now go and put your feet up and have a rest.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.