Rename Images - Post ID 13346

User 453913 Photo

1 post

I love the program and it makes my life alot easier! But the only thing that I would love is the option to be able to change the names of the photos when adding them with the add folder option. Kinda like a batch process where you can tell it what to name the photo and it adds a numeric value afterwards ( ie.. Christmas01, Christmas02 etc...)It kinda becomes a little crazy renaming each picture before adding it to a already existing gallery of albums because all the pictures go into the same folder and are not seperated by folders or anything else.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
11,418 posts
Online Now

Which CC prog are you talking about? There are more than one renaming images...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/

User 422133 Photo

1 post

I have tried to use PixConverter to simply rename my photos. I set the size to no change. The quality to 100% and the color depth is set to not change. I would expect that nothing would happen other than a change of name. However, the file size changes drastically. What is really happening? I sometimes just want to batch change the names of files.
User 360998 Photo

35 posts

There is a glitch with PixConverter. CoffeeCup knows. The program overwrites the original of the first in every batch (or if you just do one at a time, it'll overwrite each one). It will do this EVEN IF YOU CANCEL THE OPERATION. If you don't make a back-up copy first, you'll forever lose the resolution on your original.

Personally, I believe CoffeeCup should put out an alert until it's fixed. They disagree.

Heather
User 500092 Photo

42 posts

Yes I agree I think with CC knowing this problem exist they are creating a liability for their company & a possible negative reputation. All the terms & disclaimers in the world don't let you out of Gross negligence.

Just think about someone that took their wedding pics & used it without realizing that pixconverter is permanently changing the images.

I did find a way for this not to happen though. If you know what you want & you don't rename & don't preview the image PixConverter doesn't seem to change the source file. I really believe the reason it doesn't is I don't use the preview option anymore.

I have now used it for over 5,000 images converted to 7 different sizes sucessfully Great little stable program just has a major bug IMO. I also ran approximately 2,000 images at one time with out a crash.
Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.