How Do I Make a Transparent Gif Work...

User 349923 Photo

89 posts

I cannot seem to get this to work and am stuck with the plain watermark that is provided with pix converter..

please send any answers to soulclownd@yahoo.com

thank you
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

JR,

More information is needed.

Do you have an image of water that you want to be transparent?

Please post a reply here that tells what you are wanting to do, and what steps you have tried.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

I think the forum software truncated the post title from "water mark." My guess is the poster has a transparent gif they want to use as a watermark in Pix Converter and isn't able to set it up properly.

Hopefully they aren't going to rely on someone e-mailing them, and will return to check on this thread to provide some clarification.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Spinny,

You are probably correct. But let's wait and see. :)

User 349923 Photo

89 posts

Yeah.. I decided to come back and check here

I've just about abandoned the project and will probably just go with the text over pic option..

When I saw the graphical watermark option.. I got all excited in my pants.. but then the water mark covered the whole image.. Wll I tried to be smart and use differnt gif options and even a png option..

nuttin

thanks tho
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

JR,

Not sure what the issue is with the graphical watermark, but if it is that it is too visible, you could reduce the transparency of the watermark graphic using a graphics editing program.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

And if the image insists on covering the whole viewing area, just make a transparent image the full size of the area and only have a small part of it partially opaque.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 349923 Photo

89 posts

It's a simple water mark.. here it is..

Like I said.. due to time constraints.. I had to use a simple text over pic watermark.. Not my style at all.

The attached image is my style.
Gotta run .. need to hit the other board to rant about VSD
Attachments:
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi JR,
how about trying something for me,
I took your image, did a transparency number on it. and got this this results.
the three files I used arein this zip file.
http://kellyinfo.com/web/mypic.jpg
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.