Gif animator help - Post ID 116746

107 posts

Can anybody tell me how I save a animated .gif I created in .gif animator and utilize it in VSD? I am a complete layman idiot and not a computer expert. I just want to create my own website for our business. I created a animated .gif of our logo and want to save it and use it on one of our VSD created webpages. Any help for this bumpkin would be appreciated.
Member of the lumpen proletariat. Another cog in the wheel. Possibly a major pain in the ass soon.

Ambassador
3,940 posts

Hi Poolman,
I believe whenyour ready to publish your work, you have an option of saving as an AVI, or Flash. When choosing flash a window should pop up with a code that you can paste to the clipboard, this code would be placed in VSD using the html tool. Then under settings>add files> you would select browse and look for the flash file(swf) for that animation, usually named the same as it was saved as. for further assistance you can check these tutorials out here.
http://www.coffeecup.com/gif-animator/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

107 posts

Hi Bruzer,

Well I went to save as flash .swf and when I try I get an error message that says "division by zero" I have no idea what the heck that means.
Member of the lumpen proletariat. Another cog in the wheel. Possibly a major pain in the ass soon.

Ambassador
3,940 posts

Hi Poolman,
are you using a flash drive or something, are you running anti virus software, try stopping all apps running in the background by using ctrl+alt+delete and end task, see if that helps. seems I've seen that before, do a google search!! you may want to put in a support ticket for that.
Anyway have you tried to just go to file>save as>name it> it will produce a GIF file, (img) and then if it looks ok you can use the picture tool to add it to your page.

58 posts

Poolman wrote:
Hi Bruzer,

Well I went to save as flash .swf and when I try I get an error message that says "division by zero" I have no idea what the heck that means.

long hand division six

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.