Web Form Builder Lite is here! - Page...

User 452266 Photo


Registered User
267 posts

Wow, now just look at this new updated App that slipped quietly into my Downloads.......
Uh, oh....... even though it has today's date, it looks to be a false alarm. Same version number????

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 38401 Photo


Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I see the same version number too, I haven't installed it yet, but I'm assuming it's most likely that they forgot to change the version number on the file download? Hopefully they'll tell us what's up on it :)
User 499908 Photo


Registered User
3 posts

Downloaded the latest. It's a great tool and makes form building a breeze. A few things I noticed.

1. Classic version allowed for a form field to be [inserted] into the subject field of the recipient's (form owner's) e-mail. I have customers that demand that feature and I can't use your tool unless it's available or I can at least modify the code to accommodate it.

2. When sizing the fields to 50% or less, they appear inline instead of stacked. There doesn't seem to be a way to prevent this. That would be nice to have. I'm sure there's a work around but thought I'd mention it.

3. In the form properties there are two fields labeled "width" which is confusing. That's just a clarification issue.

I like that you've moved away from flash and have embraced HTML5. Kudos for that. It provides clean, browser compatible code, or at least I suspect it does. Looking forward to seeing the actual code it produces in the CSS, Javascript and HTML files.

You guys are progressive rather than resting on past laurels. I like that. Keep up the good work! --Todd
Todd Broadbent a.k.a. loafintree
User 499908 Photo


Registered User
3 posts

Just noticed you can use a "space" of 50% to occupy the right column in order to stack 50% fields rather than display inline. So scratch number 2!
Todd Broadbent a.k.a. loafintree
User 1953598 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

I purchased the Lite version for $29.00 with the implication that an upgrade to the full version would either be free or at least a discount. Now it seems that I have to pay full price for the full version!?!? I just wasted $29.00?!?
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

Darrel Patterson wrote:
I purchased the Lite version for $29.00 with the implication that an upgrade to the full version would either be free or at least a discount. Now it seems that I have to pay full price for the full version!?!? I just wasted $29.00?!?


We are just bringing everything live now and there is quite a bit we need to do on the backend first. Once all of this is in place, you will receive an email.

So you can now step off the ledge Darrel. ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 72973 Photo


Ambassador
97 posts

I just found the new update to the lite version and got excited thinking maybe you released the full version with the lite filename as the "Secret Place" since you said the last update was the last. Nope. Does this new lite update mean the full version's release is pushed back a little?
Robert Bruce
User 1953598 Photo


Registered User
12 posts

Ok, breathing normally now. If you can't tell, I've been really looking forward to this! Have you sent the email yet? ;) ...How 'bout now? :D
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Bruce wrote:
I just found the new update to the lite version and got excited thinking maybe you released the full version with the lite filename as the "Secret Place" since you said the last update was the last. Nope. Does this new lite update mean the full version's release is pushed back a little?

No, the FULL version is released now Robert. ;)http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder

The LITE version will always have updates when the FULL version has one.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147646 Photo


Registered User
230 posts
Online Now

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Robert Bruce wrote:
I just found the new update to the lite version and got excited thinking maybe you released the full version with the lite filename as the "Secret Place" since you said the last update was the last. Nope. Does this new lite update mean the full version's release is pushed back a little?

No, the FULL version is released now Robert. ;)http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder

The LITE version will always have updates when the FULL version has one.



Should I see "Web Form Builder Full" in my download list? or will it be still under the name "Lite"?
As I have downloaded and installed the Dec 01 update of Lite but it doesn't have the Full features :(
Attachments:


Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.