Upcoming release of Shopping Cart...

User 1977817 Photo

21 posts

Doug - I don't understand? Scott said next week and you say you have Shopping Cart Designer already?
Every day above ground is a good day!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

No Tark,
I think he was asking if it was out...
Must have missed the postpone announcement.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 370937 Photo

93 posts

oh i am so sorry , yes i did write that post wrong

Doug
The Bigg Q , is here an forever!
http://www.thebiggq.com
User 370937 Photo

93 posts

is it true that the current version of SCC allows only 50 categories

i have more then that in my current store!!!!!

Doug
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Realistically Doug, using all 50 categories would mean customers having to scroll down the page a long way and is a lot of information to take in visually, especially when the other categories are scrolled out of view.

The pro version of SCC that will be coming out soon, will enable you to use subcategories. This will allow customers to see main category groups, select the one they want and then see the sub categories for that group. From the perspective of someone visiting your site to browse your products, it will be far easier for them to quickly find what they want.
User 370937 Photo

93 posts

yes i c that , i guess i will end up useing magento till that
day comes , wich is sad to me i hate magento

Doug
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hopefully we should all get a definitive release date from Coffeecup this week, for the long awaited shopping cart designer. This will finally allow the shop owners to have the shop look the way they want it to.

I like many others, would like to see a full feature list published before the product is put on sale, so we can ensure we get the right version of the product for our needs. Questions such as supported image formats for headers, number of colours available for text and backgrounds, whether navigation icons can be placed anywhere on the page or replicated on the page etc.

Although most elements can already be changed via direct modification of the CSS code, this useful utility should make the process much simpler.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Hopefully we should all get a definitive release date from Coffeecup this week, for the long awaited shopping cart designer. This will finally allow the shop owners to have the shop look the way they want it to.

I like many others, would like to see a full feature list published before the product is put on sale, so we can ensure we get the right version of the product for our needs. Questions such as supported image formats for headers, number of colours available for text and backgrounds, whether navigation icons can be placed anywhere on the page or replicated on the page etc.

Although most elements can already be changed via direct modification of the CSS code, this useful utility should make the process much simpler.

There will be fully functional trial version that you download. This way you can try before you buy.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 370937 Photo

93 posts

any news on the pro. i am stuck now till that comes out :(
since i used up the 50 category limit

Doug
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Doug Cunningham wrote:
any news on the pro. i am stuck now till that comes out :(
since i used up the 50 category limit

Doug

The 'pro' version is not due out until later this year. When we get closer to that release date, I will post more information here.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.