Upcoming release of Shopping Cart...

User 418232 Photo

23 posts

Twreck wrote:
Of course he should continue to answer the questions. I appreciate that. My point is all the build up and the limited availability. Seems kind of strange to me unless there is a reason we will hear about later. (I am sure there is). I want to hear about new upcoming products and have a chance to ask questions. The way CC is playing with their customers with the timing is what annoys me. When it is ready, announce it and take orders. What's wrong with that?

Again this is just my opinion as someone who keeps "checking" because I am in the middle of a project that I think this will help me with and it has dragged on long enough. I guess this post will take me off the first 500 list...oh well.
Harvey

Twreck, if you read above, you'll see there isn't a 500 list, it's first come, first serve from my understanding.

I'm sure CC have very good reasons, of which we'll learn about in time.

Be patient and look forward to this great product.
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Twreck wrote:
Of course he should continue to answer the questions. I appreciate that. My point is all the build up and the limited availability. Seems kind of strange to me unless there is a reason we will hear about later. (I am sure there is).

I may be wrong here, but since this is the initial release of a major product, it makes sense to limit the initial release. All software goes through a development process with testing among a small group, then a slightly larger group, and maybe increasing the size of the beta test group and with each increase the product gets fixed again and again. Finally it is at the point of public release.

If the initial public release is too large, the support staff can get swamped just answering questions. By having a limited initial release, the support staff will have a chance to see how different people use the software (and I can do some strange things on occasion).

There is also the fact that the beta testers is a limited group, and all possible combinations of hardware have not been tested for compatibility with the program.

It may be that I am off base with my thoughts. :/
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

There's not many companies were you get to have a bit of banter with the main man, who's a bit of a leg-end anyway so I don't have a problem with the hype. Apart from the software, I kinda like the informality of Coffeecup, it's worlds apart from the clinically clean, politically correct, over-priced world of the big boys... like you are dealing with real people at CC so... "C'mon Scott, get your butt in action and get the show on the road":lol:
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Woody wrote:
There's not many companies were you get to have a bit of banter with the main man, who's a bit of a leg-end anyway so I don't have a problem with the hype. Apart from the software, I kinda like the informality of Coffeecup, it's worlds apart from the clinically clean, politically correct, over-priced world of the big boys... like you are dealing with real people at CC so... "C'mon Scott, get your butt in action and get the show on the road":lol:

Well I guess I better get out of the pool now and get back to work! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

You can actually modify the CSS code directly to alter your themes. Use file/export for upload and place the files somewhere convenient on your computer. Modify the CSS files to change colours, text and images then simply upload your modified CSS files to your server.

The shopping cart designer is just a useful utility, that reduces the time to do this. Until it offers a variable width option, rather than fixed widths, it is always going to be limited in its application. :P Let's just hope the release price reflects that. :rolleyes:
User 418232 Photo

23 posts

The talented guys at CC must be working their butts off to get this new software released...it's Thursday already and not a sausage!

Any news?
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

My guess is: Today will be the day!

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Going to be next week now.

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … #post94746

See above link for details.
User 1961304 Photo

12 posts

Ohhh, I do hope I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't miss it.

I'm awful at figuring out how to manually change themes as has been mentioned here.

Please Scott. Please :)

Can you be bribed with cookies to go with your coffee. Hmmmmmm?

:)

User 370937 Photo

93 posts

has the Shopping Cart Designer! its friday :|:D

Doug
The Bigg Q , is here an forever!
http://www.thebiggq.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.