Upcoming release of Shopping Cart...

User 540050 Photo

19 posts

Hi Scott

I love the way Coffee Cup has done it's business up to now, built on the integrity of great support and solid products.

There are probably better ways to achieve good initial sales levels and not pi** off users who have waited patiently.

IMHO, if the products are ready for release, just do it. Don't play games.

Bluehorizon
Owen
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Owen Williams wrote:
Hi Scott

I love the way Coffee Cup has done it's business up to now, built on the integrity of great support and solid products.

There are probably better ways to achieve good initial sales levels and not pi** off users who have waited patiently.

IMHO, if the products are ready for release, just do it. Don't play games.

Bluehorizon

This is why we are giving everyone advanced notice, so the playing field is level. If you really want it, you have the chance to be the first to get it. If it is really not that big of a deal to you, then that is ok too.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 541889 Photo

104 posts

Owen,

If you'd put a lot of work into a project and wanted a good initial return how would you go about it ?

Just interested to read people's thoughts...
www.kwayzekatz.co.uk <--- Site developed using CoffeeCup Software: Shopping Cart Creator, Web Form Builder, Photo Gallery, RSS News Flash, Flash FireStarter, Web Video Player, Flash Menu Builder, Shopping Cart Designer
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I do understand this from Owen's perspective Ian.

If I had a product that was very much in demand, I would be looking to maximise my return by selling as many as I could in a short space of time.

I have zilch idea as to how many are going to be sold on the first day. It may be 100, it may be 500, who knows? If it is over 500, then Coffeecup will end up with lots of very irate customers. :cool:
User 541889 Photo

104 posts

I can see both sides, just wanted to open a discussion...

Think I'll head off for a while
www.kwayzekatz.co.uk <--- Site developed using CoffeeCup Software: Shopping Cart Creator, Web Form Builder, Photo Gallery, RSS News Flash, Flash FireStarter, Web Video Player, Flash Menu Builder, Shopping Cart Designer
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
I do understand this from Owen's perspective Ian.

If I had a product that was very much in demand, I would be looking to maximise my return by selling as many as I could in a short space of time.

I have zilch idea as to how many are going to be sold on the first day. It may be 100, it may be 500, who knows? If it is over 500, then Coffeecup will end up with lots of very irate customers. :cool:

Then those users better get in early! It is actually 1000 copies, 500 Basic and 500 Professional versions. For those irate customers, we will just direct them back to the forums and say "We told you!" :)

We are also not doing this to upset customers. We always have a method behind our madness :cool:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 540050 Photo

19 posts

Hi Scott & everyone who's into this thread!

This is a great forum.

I'm not an irate customer, I love everything that Coffee Cup does and this isn't going to change a thing :)

I'm just failing to see the method in the madness, in a broader context.

Bluehorizon

Scott I can't post my full reasoning on this forum. Can you email me?

Owen
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Owen Williams wrote:
Hi Scott & everyone who's into this thread!

This is a great forum.

I'm not an irate customer, I love everything that Coffee Cup does and this isn't going to change a thing :)

I'm just failing to see the method in the madness, in a broader context.

Bluehorizon

Scott I can't post my full reasoning on this forum. Can you email me?

Check your email ;)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Then those users better get in early! It is actually 1000 copies, 500 Basic and 500 Professional versions. For those irate customers, we will just direct them back to the forums and say "We told you!" :)

We are also not doing this to upset customers. We always have a method behind our madness :cool:

I think the red Porsche will look better than the yellow one Scott..... :D
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

I think the red Porsche will look better than the yellow one Scott..... :D

I wish! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.