Upcoming release of Shopping Cart...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
There will be fully functional trial version that you download. This way you can try before you buy.

That's great Scott. ;)
User 370937 Photo

93 posts

will the pro ver. be another software i have ta buy or is it an add on to the
SCC 3.6 ?

Doug
The Bigg Q , is here an forever!
http://www.thebiggq.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Doug Cunningham wrote:
will the pro ver. be another software i have ta buy or is it an add on to the
SCC 3.6 ?

Doug

It will be a separate program that you will have to purchase. Prices will be determined on launch date.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Doug Cunningham wrote:
any news on the pro. i am stuck now till that comes out :(
since i used up the 50 category limit

Doug

We will be making that announcement sometime this week.

Just one quick question Scott, before someone else asks it. Are you referring to the announcement of the pro version of the designer this week, or the forthcoming pro version of the cart creator itself, as that's what Doug was initially referring to?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Doug Cunningham wrote:
any news on the pro. i am stuck now till that comes out :(
since i used up the 50 category limit

Doug

We will be making that announcement sometime this week.

Just one quick question Scott, before someone else asks it. Are you referring to the announcement of the pro version of the designer this week, or the forthcoming pro version of the cart creator itself, as that's what Doug was initially referring to?

Looks like there is some confusion here ;) The 'Pro' version is not due out until later this year. When we get closer to that release date, we will post more information on it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

That's what I thought . :) You can only get so much cash off me in one week. :cool:

User 370937 Photo

93 posts

LOL i agree with u will, i am not rich:D an love coffeeup there the best
website software out there i guess i will be start saveing my pennys now!!!

Doug
The Bigg Q , is here an forever!
http://www.thebiggq.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Doug Cunningham wrote:
yes i c that , i guess i will end up useing magento till that
day comes , wich is sad to me i hate magento

Doug

I tried Magento, it took ages to add each product, and the separate key words and description on each product, even duplicating products took ages

But to make matters worse twice when they did an upgrade, my whole website was corrupted.

I had no experience of FTP till trying coffeecup programs, and i now see the benifit of having it all on my PC not the server

Now i can duplicate the whole shop in less than a minute ! and each product in seconds.

I am sticking with present version of scc (NOT PRO) as i only need about 15 categories, i just changed the way i was working so i did not need the sub categories, which i found to complicated in Magento anyway !
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1870242 Photo

15 posts

BTW Scott, I have an idea for a new software, (Site Generation) Lots of willing developers on rentacoders interested but too expensive. Are you interested in new ideas for software? Have dummy screenshots on how it will work etc...

I am shelving this dont think it will be much use to Coffeecup since it is so similar to some of your existing software.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:

I tried Magento, it took ages to add each product, and the separate key words and description on each product, even duplicating products took ages

I am sticking with present version of scc (NOT PRO) as i only need about 15 categories, i just changed the way i was working so i did not need the sub categories, which i found to complicated in Magento anyway !

Magento is also hungry on system resources and can put a heavy load on servers.

I too am sticking with the basic version of SCC, as the initial release of the PRO version still won't have the improved shipping functions I need for a couple of my sites. I have found another 'straight to PayPal' cart to use in the interim period as Zen Cart has just got too big and cumbersome over the years, as have many other cart solutions out there.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.