Upcoming release of Shopping Cart...

User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Sure you can Tom. Just download the updated Authorize.net and Google Checkout installers from https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myproducts/

Pretty cool right? :)

OK, thanks Scott. Got it. Read too much into the screen capture that is up the post tree. I now read that to mean that Google & Authorize are included in Pro but there is no change for Standard if you have purchased the modules and keep them updated.
User 372524 Photo

2 posts

Emma, You can use an "iframe" to place a shopping cart inside an exisiting website. Done to this website.

http://www.badgesofleague.com.au/

Click on "Badges for Sale"

Regards - Darren
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

I would like to place an additional Navigation/Menu bar on my website above existing navigation menu in SCC without using an iframe. Or at least have a static page that is not under the home/shop home tab & points to a page on my website that is outside the shop.

Does anyone know if this will be possible in the Pro? If not any ideas.

How does the use of an iframe perform with the search engines?
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Sue,

Right now I don't believe it's available to do that other than to link to a single page of your external site which is called home on the menu. Can't remember if you can change the name of that page or not, but you can link to 1 page that the shop will then consider to be the home page. I created a bunch of pages outside my shop and made the home page of my external site the home page of the shop which works ok so far.

You can do this in the settings of the Pages where you tell it what to do with the home page, I believe the radio button and area for the link address is at the bottom of that section.

Hope that helps.
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Sue,

Right now I don't believe it's available to do that other than to link to a single page of your external site which is called home on the menu. Can't remember if you can change the name of that page or not, but you can link to 1 page that the shop will then consider to be the home page. I created a bunch of pages outside my shop and made the home page of my external site the home page of the shop which works ok so far.

You can do this in the settings of the Pages where you tell it what to do with the home page, I believe the radio button and area for the link address is at the bottom of that section.

Hope that helps.

Sue,

Besides what Jo Ann spoke of, you can in addition, place any number of text links to external pages in the footer of the SCC pages. I regularly put links to Privacy and Terms of use pages, shipping information pages, contact forms, and additional informational pages. In fact any page on the main site I wish to link to.

HTMH Also

TomH
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

Great to see the Countdown on the release date for Shopping Cart Creator Pro but I have to ask as I have not logged on for a little while, what is happening with Scott's Statement that it would be out before the end of September? What was it he was giving away :D

Of course there is a chance that 22 and 18 make 30 lol - I would of quoted his text but could not find it, maybe it was lost......

Cheers
Jeff
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

All I can say there is if you own SCC and SCD now, you MAY see something in your INBOX. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 24826 Photo

Ambassador
7 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
All I can say there is if you own SCC and SCD now, you MAY see something in your INBOX. ;)
Got mine! Christmas has come early, cheers Scott, perhaps you'll get some peace now!!!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Zoldar wrote:
Great to see the Countdown on the release date for Shopping Cart Creator Pro but I have to ask as I have not logged on for a little while, what is happening with Scott's Statement that it would be out before the end of September? What was it he was giving away :D

Of course there is a chance that 22 and 18 make 30 lol - I would of quoted his text but could not find it, maybe it was lost......

Cheers
Jeff

Did you check your e-mail today Jeff? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 456386 Photo

29 posts

Soon is Now. Let the fun begin.
"There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace."
— Aldo Leopold (A Sand County Almanac)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.