How can we improve things? - Page 4 -...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Looks much better now! ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

:D:D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2369065 Photo

3 posts

Your main forum page is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11. The drop downs in the search area don't work at all. I tried it in what IE11 calls "compatibility mode," whatever that means.

Things work just fine in other browsers.

I don't know if this has wider implications for your development tools, or not.
Jerry Schwartz
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jerry wrote:
Your main forum page is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11. The drop downs in the search area don't work at all. I tried it in what IE11 calls "compatibility mode," whatever that means.

Things work just fine in other browsers.

I don't know if this has wider implications for your development tools, or not.

I am using IE 11 here in Windows 8.1 and all the drop downs are working fine for me. Which ones specifically did not work for you?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2369065 Photo

3 posts

Scott,

I can't attach a clip of what I see because the video file is too big. None of the three dropdowns between the keyword textbox and the green Search button worked properly. They would drop down, but my choice wouldn't stick.

I can set up an FTP account so you can suck down a video clip, if that would be useful. You can send me a private e-mail address, you must have my address on file somewhere.

I don't doubt that this is a security setting somewhere, but I don't know what it would be. I know that the Norton folks had to disable some security setting so that their toolbar would work.
Jerry Schwartz
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Thanks Jerry. I think I see the issue now. Logging this with our dev's right now. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2121631 Photo

22 posts

I would like to know how to get change logs of the software that we purchased. I asked this in another thread but it looks like there was no response :/
It was said that change logs are found in the item's forum, under Change Logs. Well, sorry but they are not maintained!

Here are a few updates that were made, but without any mention in their change log threads.
Animation Studio - Released: Nov 8, 2013 (last post in change logs - 9/2013)
Direct FTP 6.9 - Released: Aug 22, 2013 (last post in change logs - 6/2011)

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Frank wrote:
I would like to know how to get change logs of the software that we purchased. I asked this in another thread but it looks like there was no response :/
It was said that change logs are found in the item's forum, under Change Logs. Well, sorry but they are not maintained!

Here are a few updates that were made, but without any mention in their change log threads.

There was no mention of anything with those updates as their were no modifications to the software. We just made a slight change to the installer script. Updating is optional and will not provide any new functionality.
User 2121631 Photo

22 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Frank wrote:

There was no mention of anything with those updates as their were no modifications to the software. We just made a slight change to the installer script. Updating is optional and will not provide any new functionality.

I don't agree. I think that all deployed updates should be documented no matter what it is. Aside from the benefit of being aware of the changes, how can we make a determination if it's optional like you said, without knowing the details?
Anyway, that's my 2 cent suggestion for improving things...
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Frank wrote:
...I think that all deployed updates should be documented no matter what it is. Aside from the benefit of being aware of the changes, how can we make a determination if it's optional like you said, without knowing the details?
Anyway, that's my 2 cent suggestion for improving things...

I fully agree with you Frank.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.