CoffeeCup Status Report - November...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey there!

With our friends here from Spain, we thought we should treat them to a little bit of American-style Halloween fun, so we took them up to Ruby Falls, Tennessee for the annual haunted cave house of horrors. All I can say is that Alberto and Marcos cried the entire way through. They're still a bit pale, and they tend to rock a bit more in their chairs than they used to ;)

A picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/rubyfalls4.jpg

When we haven't been terrifying our Spanish cohorts, we've been pretty busy this past month doing what we do best: developing software. Let me tell you a little bit about the projects we've tackled:

Shopping Cart Creator Basic and Pro:

It was a great month for Shopping Cart Creator Basic and Pro, and the special promotion we offered went over very well. The promotion is no longer on our website, but here's the special link for those of you who still need it. I can't say exactly when it will go offline, so don't wait too long if you're still interested. Once this promotion expires, we won't be offering any more upgrades to go from SCC Basic to SCC Pro or SCD Basic to SCD Pro.

Of course, we're not even close to finished with these programs yet, and we have some nice updates in store for the Basic and Pro versions over the next two months. If you check out the forums, you can already find clues about which features you can look forward to in both versions. More on that as we get closer to the release.

Shopping Cart Themes:

All our Shopping Cart Creator themes were updated again this month to include some tweaks in the layouts. To take advantage of these improvements, download the latest versions from your Orders and Downloads page.

Visual Site Designer and S-Drive:

We've sent out Visual Site Designer 7.0 to even more users this week. We put a lot of effort into this release, and with the addition of S-Drive, we think this update will really help our users out. If you're interested in participating in the beta, you can request access here.

Here are just a few items you'll find in VSD 7.0:
  • S-Drive support
  • Buttonizer: A button-making and menu-building tool (funny name, cool feature).
  • New themes
  • More styles
  • New theme package importer that lets you install your themes directly into VSD.
  • Redesigned Add Files window: It's way more intuitive
  • Your website will look virtually identical in all browsers and operating systems
  • Generates markup that will validate with the W3C
  • Ability to organize your pages to rearrange the order in which they appear under the Pages toolbar button
  • VNU backup options
  • And much, much more...

Web Calendar 5:

Our very first HTML version of one of our Flash applications was released last week. It was tough trying to figure out which one to do first, but we decided on Web Calendar because it can interact with so many other products and services. The best part about this new update is that you're no longer confined to the Flash interface, which means you have full control over all the HTML code Web Calendar outputs. No, that actually isn't the best part — what's even better is that all registered Web Calendar users get the upgrade for free! How cool is that?

Another cool feature in Web Calendar 5 is the ability to use themes. You can check 'em out here. And hey, if you think you have what it takes to make the next cool Web Calendar theme, I challenge you to design something and send it to me. If you design the theme I think is the best, you can get any program on our website for free. Yes, free! Send your theme design to scott@coffeecup.com.

Since the new version of Web Calendar uses HTML instead of Flash, integrating it into your website is a bit different than you might be used to. Never fear! These two knowledge base articles will walk you through the process of adding your calendar to either the HTML Editor or Visual Site Designer:

With the Web Calendar release behind us, we're ready to start the process of rereleasing some of our other Flash programs, upgrading them so they, too, generate HTML instead of Flash. I won't say which one we're working on now, but I can say that one of them will be ready by the end of the year, and that it's totally cool!

Project X:

We're pretty deep into development of a very cool project that will tie into just about every program we make and that fills what might be the biggest hole in our product line. I can't say anything more yet, but when it's finally ready, we can see this becoming one of our top-of-the-line products.

Facebook and Twitter:

This will be the last time I mention this in my monthly report, but if you haven't already noticed this yet, we're pretty active with both of these services. It lets us connect with our users and gives us an instant way to let you all know what we're up to here at CoffeeCup HQ. C'mon, friend us and follow us — what's stopping you?

Well, that's about it from CoffeeCup Land. Thanks for reading, and have a happy November!

Scott
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Thanks for the updates Scott-

VSD 7 sounds too cool, can't wait!

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

That Project X has me thinking! Hmmmmmm...
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I know what Project X is:

Project X is a program called "hide a egg". It allows you to hide eggs in your websites for people to find.

Well, maybe not, but that would be cool as heck. :)
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 1886497 Photo

148 posts

Not happy Website Access Manager has no mention. Starting to feel like the smaller customer. If there are issues with the product let us know why the release is held back. Open, Honest and Trusted.
Karl Williams.
www.karlwilliams.co.uk
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

StylingTheWay wrote:
Not happy Website Access Manager has no mention. Starting to feel like the smaller customer. If there are issues with the product let us know why the release is held back. Open, Honest and Trusted.

We just have a lot on our plate right now, but we have not forgotten about it. We want to get S-Drive and VSD 7.0 out there and then we will get back to Access Manager.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1886497 Photo

148 posts

We just have a lot on our plate right now, but we have not forgotten about it. We want to get S-Drive and VSD 7.0 out there and then we will get back to Access Manager.

Hey Scott

That comment was a bit harsh think I was having a rough day, totally know how hard you guys work. To be honest I must have had a right gump on that day to comment like this. Open Honest and to be trusted you guys are, you deliver a great service and software with 2 Sugars.

Take it easy

Karl
Karl Williams.
www.karlwilliams.co.uk
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

I think there's a hint of what project x is inside VSD7 beta. I'm not saying anymore.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

maybe project x is really xxx and works great when consumed from an authentic 'coffeecup' coffee cup. :)

User 146486 Photo

35 posts

OK so when do us die hard and forever faithful CoffeeCup lovers get to update to this new VSD 7??

I just ordered the Web Calendar, Website Access Manager, and the Flash Menu Builder!
I do believe I NOW own everything you have now!
"Dream Outside Your Box!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.