R Menu Builder/Browser Interactions -...

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
19,260 posts

Got it.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 488156 Photo

7 posts

Well, I rebuilt everything, and renamed style.css (where I found it appearing) to rmbstyle.css, as I already have a style.css folder on the server, but its in a different directory. I also changed the max size to 1200 px, which seems to be a good size in relation to the picture it sits underneath. Now, when I stretch things out to near full screen width. the menu bar expands to its maximum size, and then stays at that size as the screen stretches wider, so that's good! I also have no breakpoints in the Menu Builder, and I never encounter the white menu items, so that's good, too!!

I'm still tracking down the issue with items under the menu bar. For instance, "Weather Maps" in the menu bar, and "Current Conditions" in the table title right beneath the menu bar are both encoded to be Bold Arial font, as are all the titles in the tables below the menu bar, but they all appear to be several shades lighter than the info in the menu bar.

The other issue remaining, is that in IE9, Opera, Google Chrome, and Firefox, the menu is in two rows. The last item , Release Notes, has room to appear at the end of the top line of the menu, but it show up at the left side of the second line for some reason. All the items are functional, and the menu stretches like it does in Safari, and no white menu items are encountered in any of the browsers. Don't understand why a second line is being generated, here.

Ball is back in your court, I'm waiting patiently...Thanks for all your attention so far!!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steve wrote:
Well, I rebuilt everything, and renamed style.css (where I found it appearing) to rmbstyle.css, as I already have a style.css folder on the server, but its in a different directory. I also changed the max size to 1200 px, which seems to be a good size in relation to the picture it sits underneath. Now, when I stretch things out to near full screen width. the menu bar expands to its maximum size, and then stays at that size as the screen stretches wider, so that's good! I also have no breakpoints in the Menu Builder, and I never encounter the white menu items, so that's good, too!!

I'm still tracking down the issue with items under the menu bar. For instance, "Weather Maps" in the menu bar, and "Current Conditions" in the table title right beneath the menu bar are both encoded to be Bold Arial font, as are all the titles in the tables below the menu bar, but they all appear to be several shades lighter than the info in the menu bar.

The other issue remaining, is that in IE9, Opera, Google Chrome, and Firefox, the menu is in two rows. The last item , Release Notes, has room to appear at the end of the top line of the menu, but it show up at the left side of the second line for some reason. All the items are functional, and the menu stretches like it does in Safari, and no white menu items are encountered in any of the browsers. Don't understand why a second line is being generated, here.

Ball is back in your court, I'm waiting patiently...Thanks for all your attention so far!!

Post your latest .mb file so I can look over the settings.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 488156 Photo

7 posts

File is attached...Well, got rejected because it's over 100k in size (153KB). You can email me at the address in my profile for alternative ways to get the file to you...
User 488156 Photo

7 posts

Here is an attempt to attach a zipped copy of my ResMenu.zip file, but it's 146KB, so I don't think your system will accept it, as it's over 100KB. And, it did not accept.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Steve,

Changing the file name of the style.css file won't fix the issue just so you're aware. As long as they are in different locations on the server (in other words, the menu ones are in the menu folder and you're not trying to run 2 of them in the same spot) then there will be no conflict with those particular file names. The parts that are conflicting are the tags inside the files that are being used to style your menu and site. The reason for this is because you are referencing multiple CSS files on the site pages (which is what you need to do), but some of the tags in those files have identical names so the server is giving priority to specific ones (most times they are weighted by tag type and/or by location with the last tag read being the prominent one if not a weighted tag).

Just wanted you to know that the file names themselves were not the issue (unless you're trying to use 2 menus with the same names of the files that is hehe). Go through your css files and you will see what I mean by some of the tags having identical names. As Scott is mentioning above though, (THANKS SCOTT!) this will be remedied in a future update. :)
User 488156 Photo

7 posts

I'll wade through all the CSS stuff for Menu Builder and my site pages this evening, and make more application-specific names (on my site-CSS stuff) where I run into duplicates. Thanks for the tip!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're welcome, wish I could say how soon that update was as then you'd know if you need to bother with all this or if it will be fixed up soon enough to wait on, but we haven't heard yet.

You may want to take a gander at keeping a saved copy of your menu for when that update comes and see if that will fix it when you export it after that too. Then you'd at least have a menu you could more easily update in the program later.

Either way works well though, good luck!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.