Well, I rebuilt everything, and renamed style.css (where I found it appearing) to rmbstyle.css, as I already have a style.css folder on the server, but its in a different directory. I also changed the max size to 1200 px, which seems to be a good size in relation to the picture it sits underneath. Now, when I stretch things out to near full screen width. the menu bar expands to its maximum size, and then stays at that size as the screen stretches wider, so that's good! I also have no breakpoints in the Menu Builder, and I never encounter the white menu items, so that's good, too!!
I'm still tracking down the issue with items under the menu bar. For instance, "Weather Maps" in the menu bar, and "Current Conditions" in the table title right beneath the menu bar are both encoded to be Bold Arial font, as are all the titles in the tables below the menu bar, but they all appear to be several shades lighter than the info in the menu bar.
The other issue remaining, is that in IE9, Opera, Google Chrome, and Firefox, the menu is in two rows. The last item , Release Notes, has room to appear at the end of the top line of the menu, but it show up at the left side of the second line for some reason. All the items are functional, and the menu stretches like it does in Safari, and no white menu items are encountered in any of the browsers. Don't understand why a second line is being generated, here.
Ball is back in your court, I'm waiting patiently...Thanks for all your attention so far!!
Post your latest .mb file so I can look over the settings.