Need advice on workaround for target...

User 476560 Photo

21 posts

I want to open a new window containing and external page. When the user closes that window, I want the original window to be displayed. I tried to accomplish this by adding target="_blank" and later, target="_new" to the html file created by Menu Builder, but neither seems to work. When a menu item with an external link is selected, the connection to the original window is lost and IE is closed.
When I call an external link without the menu system, using a bit of text with target="_blank" it works the way I want it to, i.e. the external linked page is closed and the original or calling page is displayed.
If those Menu Builder users have found an approach to modifying the html file that works for external links, I would appreciate knowing your strategy.
Thanks.
User 476560 Photo

21 posts

I figured out what was wrong! I was editing the testmenu.html file that was created by the export instead of editing the body section of the menu on the page itself. When I made those changes it worked the way I want it to. I'm wondering what the file testmenu.html (testmenu is what I called this effort) is for since the html object is embedded in the page. I have a new problem, but that should go into another thread. (The format of the buttons is fine on my computer, but is wrong on the website.)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.