Menu Builder does not save settings...

User 2601283 Photo

204 posts

I've had the same problem, so I know your frustration. It's previously been reported along with the export issue that causes issues when you have 2 menus on a page. They previously said an update was coming. I just found it easier to start the menus from scratch if I had to make changes because there was no rhyme or reason to what saved and what didn't.
User 2147626 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,942 posts

Angie, just curious here ... are you also running Win7 64 bit. ? If so, are you also running other CC software along with Menu Builder ( I think loudorn said he was running HTML Editor ) ? Just wondering if that may be causing a conflict. As with Steve, I have never seen this problem. I also run Win7 64 bit. But I don't run other software at the same time. Just thinking out loud here but please let us know. Maybe we can track this down. Thanks.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
http://sadduck.com
User 863939 Photo

11 posts

Hello Gunsmoke,
When I am using MB I usually have my HTML editor open as well as FileZilla.
I would think there should be no issue with having multiple programs active at the same time.

Just as an exercise of observation I changed my options to view the hidden system folders.
I'll attach a screen shot of the folder structure that is created when running MB.

I drilled down into C:/Program Files.../appdata/temp folder which is normally hidden from view.
I Manually cleaned all the data out of the /temp folder.
I then open multiple programs and watched what appeared/was created there.
Maybe a directory or 2 by a few programs.
I manually cleaned that data out and then opened CCHtml editor, it created nothing in the temp folder.
Then I opened MB and created the screen print file that shows the structure it created in the temp folder.
It creates and dumps quite a bit of data in there.
If the MB program is constantly writing data to this file structure in the temp folder as you do live editing that is a lot of data moving around.
Outside of Skype it creates more data in the /temp folder then any other program I have opened.

This is just another side observation.
32 bit programs that are installed in Windows7 64 usually get installed to
C:/Program Files (x86)/.. 64 bit programs get installed to c:/Program Files/...
MB is 32 bit and installs to c:/Program Files/... by default which is not the usual protocol.
It may not affect functionality, it is just an observation.

Attaches is the jpg screen print that depicts the /appdata/temp/mb file structure created when the program was started (as administrator).
I hope this helps some how as I love the program but it I'm trying to figure out the issues it is having for me at the moment. Apparently I am a 1% er in regards to this issue:D
Attachments:
User 2601283 Photo

204 posts

Gunsmoke. . . I'm running windows 8. Sometimes I do have other coffeecup programs open as I am flipping through multiple tasks. I've just told my "clients" that I can't make little changes easily because it often means having to recreate the entire menu. My support ticket said that things were fixed in version 2 which was due out in the next month (end of July ticket). End of October I checked, and there is currently no ETA on this update or offer of a beta version.

Thankfully for me, this is a volunteer position for a non-profit and they have no real idea of what it takes to make a site, so everything amazes them.
User 2850126 Photo

3 posts

Yes, I face the same issue with Coffee Menu-Builder-Full-1.5.0056.
I have made 4 menus of the 4 menus 3 has failed to save. So far the only pleasure I get from re-doing these are that I get better at using the menu builder.
here the rub. I bought this to save me time. so far tho, I have to make a menu, finish it and use it all in the same session or else I loose all my work. I am running at a loss!
I worked on an intricate menu for about 4 or 5 hours, "after hours", because of loosing so much time due to this error, till very late last night, after 23:00.
I incrementally pressed save thru out almost every addition styling. (maybe hundreds of times)
This morning it was all gone. again. what a waste

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.