Menu-Builder-1.5.0056 - Page 2

User 2147626 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,942 posts

Now going over to the right when I move one of the Service 1 over to the left

I'm not sure about the MAC, but on a PC it does not work like this. You do not 'move' elements' from the right side to the left. You select and element on the right and can move it elsewhere in the menu (still on the right). You will see the change reflected on the left.
This time I chose the Minimal Glass theme and applied it. Once again I find that the left side of the screen has gone dead and that moving the cursor or clicking on any of the buttons, doesn't reveal the drop-down menus.

Changing themes should not affect the program. On a PC you must run with Admin rights. (right click icon and select 'Run as Administrator) You could also change the properties of the icon to always run as admin. Not sure what you do on a MAC.

I think you are trying to make changes to your menu on the left side of the screen, but you cannot do this. All changes are made on the right side. The left is a simple preview of the menu and how it will work.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
http://sadduck.com
User 1033240 Photo

6 posts

Hi Gunsmoke,

Thank you for your response, but you've mis-read my post (or I didn't make myself very clear). I'm not trying to move anything from the left to the right side of the screen (or versa-vice). I'm expecting that what is on the left side to reflect what is on the right side. So when I say move Service 1 over to the left what I mean is un-indent the item, that is, make it a top level item.

That is, when I make a change to the right-hand side I expect to see those changes reflected on the left, which as far as I can see is not happening.

In addition there is the problem that when a style is applied that none of the menu items (on the left of the screen) respond to the mouse over.
User 1033240 Photo

6 posts

Hey Gunsmoke,

Picture being worth a thousand words and all that, the first attachment shows the menu structure that I'm talking about on the right. The second snap shows that the menu structure on the left hasn't changed one iota.

Thanks for looking.

Maybe an employee of CoffeeCup can tell me if the trial version has certain flaws that the paid-for-version doesn't have.
User 2147626 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,942 posts

First, I did misunderstand you first post. Yes, you can take a sub-menu item and make it a main menu item. When you pull the item down move it left or right some and it should let you drop it in a slot as a top menu item. And you are correct, it does not reflect on the left. You should report this to CoffeeCup by opening a Support Topic. Good catch. https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/

Second, as far as applying a new theme, it's happened to me, until you click on the menu then you can see the drop downs again. At least I can. Sorry for the confusion before.
User 1033240 Photo

6 posts

Gunsmoke:

No worries. Good to meet someone who can help me. I just got Responsive Layout Maker and CoffeeCup are suggesting that I get MenuBuilder as well. I'm just taking it for a test drive and see how it rides.
User 2147626 Photo

Senior Advisor
2,942 posts

Did you open the Support Topic? I was having the same trouble you described so it does need to be reported. Post back here with what they say if you would. Opening a support topic will insure that the CoffeeCup gurus look into the problem faster. It may take them a while to find it here in the forum. This is a users forum and the CoffeeCup people just pop in now and again.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Rod, take a look at your ticket please. :)
User 1033240 Photo

6 posts

Hi Adam, Pls see my support ticket.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Rod McKendrick wrote:
Hi Adam, Pls see my support ticket.

Already replied. :P
User 1033240 Photo

6 posts

Hi Gunsmoke, Adam took some screen snaps from my system and is passing the details onto the developers.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.