Video! - Page 3 - Post ID 225529

User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Got to say, that is one cool graphic Gunsmoke, stetson off to you fellow. How did you do it? or is that a secret and if you told me you would have to kill me :cool:
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Steve wrote:
You are right Gunsmoke! I use VSD a lot! I use it mostly for layouts. I use a lot of coding in my sites though mostly because I like the added control of the code. I used to do all my websites in note pad! VSD had cut my development time down by 70%.

I too cannot wait for Responsive Site Designer. I gotta tell you its the number 1 thing requested by my clients. I can code it manually but most of my clients cannot afford to pay the higher prices lol....

Coffeecup if your listening... we are all waiting in glorious anticipation!!!!!

I think Steve, CC have selective hearing on the RLM, it's like we not hearing this anymore. I bet Scott reads these you know, it's like saying to a child here's some ice cream, then taking it off them and eating it yourself :cool:
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CoffeeCupVideo

Creating a Donation Form and Using Multiple Phone Numbers were done by me.

I think them vids are good you did old chap. I like it when people explain what they are doing in vids with vocals, very informative I thought.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Got to say, that is one cool graphic Gunsmoke, stetson off to you fellow. How did you do it? or is that a secret and if you told me you would have to kill me

No death required. I think more and more CC users are going here for graphics ideas. Easy to create, fairly affordable and sometimes even FREE if you watch the facebook site. These graphics go really well with CC products.

https://www.facebook.com/Laughingbird.Software
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Got to say, that is one cool graphic Gunsmoke, stetson off to you fellow. How did you do it? or is that a secret and if you told me you would have to kill me

No death required. I think more and more CC users are going here for graphics ideas. Easy to create, fairly affordable and sometimes even FREE if you watch the facebook site. These graphics go really well with CC products.

https://www.facebook.com/Laughingbird.Software

Yeah I've heard of laughing bird, but he don't like to answer my questions when I ask him :( he ain't CC support :) Is there any software in particular that you would recommend as there's a few to choose?
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

The Logo Creator is the one I use the most. Several add-ons you can get for it. As I said, if you watch the facebook page you can sometimes grab them for free. He also has a brother that runs Mascots 2 Go and creates cartoon characters. He also has a facebook page and also gives away free graphics from time to time.

I just finished a logo for a Coffeecup user (not posting his name) where I used the Logo Creator to create several PNG shots. I then used GIMP to convert the PNGs to GIFS and used CC Animation Studio to create an animated logo. Worked out pretty good I thought. All drugs aside. :D

There are several good graphics programs out there, GIMP being one of the free ones, but I really have very little artistic ability so the Logo Creator works out well for me. :cool:
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
The Logo Creator is the one I use the most. Several add-ons you can get for it. As I said, if you watch the facebook page you can sometimes grab them for free. He also has a brother that runs Mascots 2 Go and creates cartoon characters. He also has a facebook page and also gives away free graphics from time to time.

I just finished a logo for a Coffeecup user (not posting his name) where I used the Logo Creator to create several PNG shots. I then used GIMP to convert the PNGs to GIFS and used CC Animation Studio to create an animated logo. Worked out pretty good I thought. All drugs aside. :D

There are several good graphics programs out there, GIMP being one of the free ones, but I really have very little artistic ability so the Logo Creator works out well for me. :cool:

Ok so we know it's not a women that you been doing a logo for ;) So who is he?:lol: I use all sorts of graphics packages, but I'm into photography so they all give something. Ashampoo photo commander 11, Zoner 15 pro are good and reasonable priced. Free one's is Photoscape, which is brilliant that does Gifs as well. I also have EasyGif maker but don't use it much. Of course as you know I use Flame Painter and Amberlight, but you can't make logos with them ;) but they are brilliant programs for what they do. Think I use Zoner as my main editor. It's funny I have an art and graphics background but it's taken me years to be able to marry that into Web Design. I was more of a Javascript coder, but I do think I'm turning the corner as regards actual design. It's hard trying to do everything yourself and if you concentrate on one skill others get put in the background
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Couldn't agree more. Hardest thing to do is come to terms with what the client wants. They can explain all they want, then you go creative and next thing you know it's not even close to what they want. Takes a lot of back and forth. Really hard for me to do right now with my medical problems. Just saw a new doc today and had my meds changed. They're still talking about doing another scan, steroid in the neck shots and all sorts of unpleasant sounding things. Me, I'm hoping the meds work! :P
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Oh my Gunsmoke. I really feel for you :( I hope the new meds work better for you! I went through a terrible back injury 8 years ago and went through many different types of treatment to fix it so I know where your coming from. I was on so many meds at one point that it was starting to effect my liver. I'm all better now for the most part so hopefully you will see the same outcome.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Hardest thing to do is come to terms with what the client wants. They can explain all they want, then you go creative and next thing you know it's not even close to what they want. Takes a lot of back and forth. Really hard for me to do right now with my medical problems. Just saw a new doc today and had my meds changed. They're still talking about doing another scan, steroid in the neck shots and all sorts of unpleasant sounding things. Me, I'm hoping the meds work! :P

What you scared of a little steroid :P Yeah seriously mate, hope things pick up for you, you been through a rough time. Hope these meds do the trick. If they don't though a steroid can knock down inflammation. Man I've been through so many scans, tests. When people say I'm leaving my body to science, I don't need to, they've run all tests known to man :lol:

As regards clients I thought that was just me. I've had clients that do my head in, some never really tell you what they want, as if we Web Designers/Telepathic Mind Readers. Other things that don't annoy me because they don't really know, but when potential clients says how much do you charge? How do you know what to charge if you don't know what they want. Everyone's needs are so different most of the time. I haven't picked up a client for a while, probably because I'm rubbish :lol::lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.