Update to HTML Editor (to Version...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Guy - Did you select install "For me only" or "For all users" when that option came up? I know this makes some difference of where some of the files were installed, and has already been logged with the dev's.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well since I did install it before realizing I needed to uninstall it (didn't see the post, just been checking to see if there were any new updates in my downloads and it was there) I can tell you this:

It does not uninstall, which we already know and it does not give you an option for installing just for you or for anyone it just installs so that should take care of that issue right?

Now I dont' recall if it gave me a choice of where to install it since I don't usually install software anywhere else other than where it wants to go lol.

Took me 2 tries to uninstall it so I could reinstall it again lol, but 2nd time worked for uninstalling.

Guess the rest will remain to be seen, I'm hoping for good things here :)

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok so it looks ok so far, but what was changed about the Preview or Split screen windows? Seems to be the same to me (haven't tried to crash it yet though LOL). Works the same way it did before, per open file.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Ok so it looks ok so far, but what was changed about the Preview or Split screen windows? Seems to be the same to me (haven't tried to crash it yet though LOL). Works the same way it did before, per open file.

For one, the filename is in the External Preview now. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I just posted an update to the HTML Editor (Build 404) that has quite a few fixes.

So what cool stuff has been added to this update? Here's an overview:
  • Double-clicking on a tag now inserts it into the current document
  • Added filename to the external preview title bar
  • Move * to the left of the file name for unsaved documents
  • Implemented fixes to the Search and Replace function
  • Changed installer so there is no longer an "All Users Option"
  • Implemented some fixes to the way Split Screen Preview and External Preview is enable or disable
  • Fixed toolbar from randomly appearing and disappearing.

Yeah, but that was a separate thing above, the one I'm meaning is the 6th one above. The filename one is the 2nd one, mentioned separately so I'm assuming it should do something different? Or am I assuming wrong as usual LOL :P
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

That is nothing you will notice. Well you should notice that is should behaving more normally now. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ohh in other words I won't break it when I close my 78 files? *evil grin* :P
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Ohh in other words I won't break it when I close my 78 files? *evil grin* :P

I put a hard-limit for only 3 open files if the Windows user name = Jo* :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

HAHAHA now that would be totally funny, would have freaked me out but omg that would have been funny! :P
User 2130330 Photo

1 post

So upset about the VD going!!! seems like more like a sales re-direction. I Purchased it just because of the VD was included......tut tut
Not a lot of diffrence between the free copy now!!
Marcus

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.