Update to HTML Editor (to Version...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
Scott, what do you recommend us to do before installing the update? What should we remove first? I want to have as few issues as possible, so that I can get some work done ;)

Look at the bottom of my post Inger. ;)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Uninstall the previous version before installing this update.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

I've seen that. I was thinking of the folders in My Documents, where I have 2 CC software folders, a series of empty theme folders etc etc.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
I've seen that. I was thinking of the folders in My Documents, where I have 2 CC software folders, a series of empty theme folders etc etc.

The software "should be able to take care of that". There will only be one folder afterwards in the Documents folder. If there isn't, you can remove anything in the \Users\Public folder as the software only uses the C:\Users[NAME]Documents location now. Moving forward this will no longer be an issue. Just a bit of cleanup for build 400 customers.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

"I will check into that Peter and see what our options are"

Thankyou

Peter
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

So, installed on Win7/64. Attached is the dialogue box I have when choosing start with a theme. All the folders except the one that is open has something in them, the open one only has empty folders. Are they
1. left over from an earlier version,
2. and the content that used to be there, is that removed because it can't be used with html5?
3. What if I need to use a different doctype?

Then there are two folders containing layouts.
4. The one called Default layouts, can they also be used with html5 or not?

In the My Documents I still have two folders named CoffeeCup Software, one 'public' and one 'inger'. In the public one there is only a license document for DFTP.
5. Can that be deleted, or do I have to keep it?
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

No idea what happend with the Default Themes for you there Inger but in the installer we are no longer including that folder. Just re-download the themes if you need them again. These themes were based on HTML 4 and we just wanted to update what came with the software. There are now 5 new HTML5 themes located in the Themes folder (used to be called HTML5 Themes).

As to the License folder, leave that alone.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Thanks for the replies, can now understand that the empty folders were indeed left behind

There was one question that you didn't reply to:

I'm asking this because of the other folder named HTML5 layouts.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
Thanks for the replies, can now understand that the empty folders were indeed left behind

There was one question that you didn't reply to:

I'm asking this because of the other folder named HTML5 layouts.

The ones located in Default Layouts were not created with HTML5. They were created with XHTML 1.0.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

OK, thanks :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 406328 Photo

38 posts

1) When requiring an uninstall before an install, please get the software to do it (as other of your programs do) or, if this is not possible for technical reasons, how about a big popup window giving this advice? Especially as it seems to be a 'new' requirement.

2) I am really not happy that build 404 seems to install to a different location to build 400, does not uninstall 400 and does not give a choice as to the install locations as per previous builds and versions. If all my other CoffeeCup programs can install in C:\Program Files (x86)\CoffeeCup Software, what is the sudden problem?
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.