Update to HTML Editor (to Version...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
You're welcome Scott, glad to hear it was found lol, I am not going crazy! I am not going crazy! I will not format! You can't make me! :P

You know I was half tempted to just say it worked for me. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

haha you are such a brat I'm surprised you didn't actually! It sure wouldn't have been the first time :P
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Keith Jones wrote:
Peter G wrote:
Ahh.....:)

I hadn't noticed that, been using it for years too :rolleyes:

Still, the asterisk is a neat sign, its still there, just, can't see it

Thankyou for the pointer :)

Peter

You could ask for the asterisk to be put before the name. I think you have a point.

Keith

After careful thought on this asterisk thing, I'm thinking it's not going to work for having a ton of pages open as per my other post about it. When you have a lot of them open you can't hardly see even part of the first char, all you see is the X . I wish we could turn that dang X off it's very intrusive and easy to close pages accidently when you have a lot open. Was much simpler and less apt to close a file accidentally when we had the right click on the open file tab to Close option.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hi Jo ann,

Yes, after reading your post I replicated the problem you found too.

However, I must say, and I guess everyone is different in the way they work, but
I would never in a million years have so many pages open all at once.

The asterisk, or even a change in the colour of the little 'page' icon on each tab,
red maybe, would at least indicate that the file was unsaved.

Or.....................

How about having the 'entire' tab glowing red, then if you have a zillion files open, the sight of a red tab
of ANY size would do the job.....

The 'saved' statement in the status bar is all very well, but it only applies to
the page you happen to be looking at, whereas the asterisk or colour change gives you at a glance info that some files maybe unsaved.

Having the entire visible tab coloured in red does it for me...

Maybe....

Anyway, hopefully all this can be sorted out soon

Peter
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I took on a crazy job to fix my son's site pages that were regurgitated from a music program that spit out code that was all deprecated, as well as very bad page setup overall. Needless to say I have 78 pages x 2 (1 set for Artist sorted, and one set for Song Name sorted) what a job! lol. I didn't really mean to open all those pages at once, but I was actually testing out the tab line to see just what happened when you opened a lot of pages. Got the result I expected too with the X's being the only thing visible lol.

Next time I'll definitely make sure he tells me how many pages are in there to be redone first! :P
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Yes I see.

The tabs are quite a good idea but another thing that makes them almost unusable for me,
is that they are fixed size and I cannot see the full file name, some of my files are named in 'families;
ie HolidaysAndShows-1, HolidaysAndShows-2..... etc.

Even with only a few files open, the file actually being used cannot be seen name wise on a tab, this, coupled with the fact that you cant see the 'saved' condition either, is a real problem

I agree, the way it all worked at the bottom of the screen was far more informative, always displaying
everything.

Peter
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I just posted an update to the HTML Editor (Build 404) that has quite a few fixes.

So what cool stuff has been added to this update? Here's an overview:
  • Double-clicking on a tag now inserts it into the current document
  • Added filename to the external preview title bar
  • Move * to the left of the file name for unsaved documents
  • Implemented fixes to the Search and Replace function
  • Changed installer so there is no longer an "All Users Option"
  • Implemented some fixes to the way Split Screen Preview and External Preview is enable or disable
  • Fixed toolbar from randomly appearing and disappearing.

Many of these most recent tweaks were suggested through the feedback you guys gave us. For this, we can't thank you enough. You've made the product better for us, yourselves, and everyone else!

So with that, we hope you enjoy these enhancements. To download this update, please go to My Products from within your account. Once the software list appears, click the "download" button next HTML Editor.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Uninstall the previous version before installing this update.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Wow, thats brilliant, and i have just downloaded and seen the changes...

Any chance of the tabs being able to accommodate the full filename sometime in the future.

I have attached a screen shot of what i mean, they are all differently named, but that doesn't show....

Thanks for all the good stuff you lot do, its much appreciated

Regards
Peter
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Peter G wrote:
Wow, thats brilliant, and i have just downloaded and seen the changes...

Any chance of the tabs being able to accommodate the full filename sometime in the future.

I have attached a screen shot of what i mean, they are all differently named, but that doesn't show....

Thanks for all the good stuff you lot do, its much appreciated

Regards
Peter

I will check into that Peter and see what our options are.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Scott, what do you recommend us to do before installing the update? What should we remove first? I want to have as few issues as possible, so that I can get some work done ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.