Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

I have Dreamweaver on my PC, my old, failing PC, but for sure don't want to buy Dreamweaver for my Mac. I only have a couple of sites that refuse to upgrade to newer designs so I just keep limping along on my PC for those sites.
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Ger van veen wrote:
Hello a nice addition in the HTML editor would be that if you click on a div or other. the beginning and the end are made easier, see picture as an example.
https://schilder-vanveen.nl/html.JPG
I suspect the answer will be no! They have stopped adding functions to that some time ago. Sad, I have used it for years, even used it recently to build pages to drop into Wordpress, faster because of the tool bars that make it easy to build code.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

The Editor is being worked upon these days. Don't know what to expect, though.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 46503 Photo

1 post

I would like to see a control Y keyboard shortcut for delete line. Other editors I have used for years had this feature, except NotePad. I find myself automatically using the shortcut before realizing it isn't there.
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Bill Zimmerman wrote:
I would like to see a control Y keyboard shortcut for delete line. Other editors I have used for years had this feature, except NotePad. I find myself automatically using the shortcut before realizing it isn't there.

Cut: Ctrl+X works cuts the line out!
User 439152 Photo

36 posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned but an editor color theme switcher would be cool, like a light (default) and dark theme, because sometimes after a few hours the bright white can be a little hard on the eyes.

Also, make the left tabs column (My Websites, Library, Code, Snippets etc) moveable so it can be placed on the right-hand side and the code editor pane on the left.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

You can switch your theme colours yourself. Go to Tools -> Document Display Properties -> Modify Highlighting
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 439152 Photo

36 posts

Inger wrote:
You can switch your theme colours yourself. Go to Tools -> Document Display Properties -> Modify Highlighting

Perfect, thanks!
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Inger wrote:
Yes and it works well, I changed comments to be red text which did help because I use comments as documentation.
User 458154 Photo

34 posts

Hello to Scott and All of The Coffee Cup Crew! Wishing You All Be Well..
:(
I have been a member of Coffee Cup For many years now, but haven't been very active due to medical issues..
Anyhow, I am a bit sad that the request I made over 6 or 7 years ago has not yet been implemented..

I requested, and will request again, if the team would PLEASE add a vertical quick preview instead of only having the bottom horizontal preview only? I understand the options of F11 etc.. for external quick view but this gets in the way of coding on the code page. It is much more convenient to have the previewing on the left/right side of the coding instead of the bottom horizontal preview only.

And PLEASE, if this can be implemented, allow the user to have the ability to switch the preview on left or right side of the coding if needed. (this won't be major right now, but just having the vertical split preview would be the most important feature to start with).

Thank all of you for the products over the years and website help, it is much Appreciated!

Respectfully,

Artie
snp@2333.us
In A World of Dreams (( ))

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.